Question about warranty?....

gibbo82

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I'm just wondering whether I will have warranty for my iPhone 5. I bought it from a independent phone shop which sells second hand mobiles, accessories, does repairs etc. I have a receipt for it

The iPhone I purchased belonged to someone else who had it on contract, but it was a brand new replacement from apple as he had problems with his original iPhone. He sold it to the shop as new, and now I have purchased it.

But now I'm having issues with the battery life, so I'm wondering do you think I could get it replaced again if I took it to a apple store and explained the problem?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Try restoring the phone as new. Then try going to Apple. If the phone is registered with them in your name it would help, but they may not ask.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't have any problems. I bought an iPhone 5 new from independent store in Miami. On Christmas Day 2012 the phone turned very hot and never turned on. Went to apple next day and got it replaced. No issues what so ever. As long as the phone isn't reported stolen or what not your good to go.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys, I shall pop to my local apple store at the w.end and see what they say.

Don't go in there telling them where you got it and how you got it. Just tell them the issues. They will pull serial number and if all clean they will eventually swap the device.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Warranty status can be checked here. https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do. I did buy a iPhone 4 once on android central. I got it and lock button didn't work. I went to apple Genius Bar and explained I bought it online and it wasn't registered in my name. Genius guy said warranties transfer. All he cared was the phone was still in warranty. He replaced it with no questions asked.

gibbo82

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to hand in the box the iPhone came with if I'm going to return it? Also, do I have to show my receipt of purchase?

gibbo82

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Warranty status can be checked here. https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do. I did buy a iPhone 4 once on android central. I got it and lock button didn't work. I went to apple Genius Bar and explained I bought it online and it wasn't registered in my name. Genius guy said warranties transfer. All he cared was the phone was still in warranty. He replaced it with no questions asked.

Thank for the link, it's saying my iPhone is in warranty until the 9th December! :)

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Bought a 4S on eBay last year. Got to me and the home button stuck before I even activated it. They replaced it for me, no problems.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to hand in the box the iPhone came with if I'm going to return it? Also, do I have to show my receipt of purchase?

No and no. You are not returning the phone, you are (if all is clear) doing a service replacement under warranty. It's a different type of transaction. Also, you will not receive a new box or parts - just the replacement phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only issue you will encounter is if the phone is damaged visibly or has the water damage indicators triggered...in both cases, the Apple Store may deny you a replacement (but that goes for anyone, whether they bought it directly from Apple or in the fashion you did).

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The only issue you will encounter is if the phone is damaged visibly or has the water damage indicators triggered...in both cases, the Apple Store may deny you a replacement (but that goes for anyone, whether they bought it directly from Apple or in the fashion you did).

Agreed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77