Picking up LTE while LTE toggle switched to off.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Started last week. Picking up LTE while LTE toggle switched to OFF. I even performed speed-test and indeed it's picking up LTE based on speeds. This is a sprint 16gb white iPhone 5. Anyone else having this issue? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355766268.503731.jpg

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

Junius8

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, it shouldn't matter that much as tho Sprint has unlimited data plans. As far as an Verizon and AT&T customers should be more worried about that toggle being off and still picking up LTE speeds. If it is a problem trying calling the apple tech or Sprints tech department.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm not worried about the data usage as I have unlimited. What I don't like is if it continues searching for LTE even with toggle off...that would drain my battery. Right now Miami has gained a lot of sprint LTE coverage but not enough where I have LTE everywhere I go in Miami. I'm taking it to the Genius Bar and see what they tell me.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My battery life does not seem to matter if I have it off or on when not in a LTE area.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery life does not seem to matter if I have it off or on when not in a LTE area.

For me it does. I posted here something about that awhile back and many people where suffering from bad battery life when LTE is on and there's no LTE. Since phone it's constantly searching for LTE signal and switching back to 3G that uses up a lot of battery.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that i can think is the fact that data usage remains for push notifications and stuff (even in WiFi) and perhaps 3G/4G networks were not available thus retaining LTE data usage. That said, as much data as LTE can chew up, there should be a way to 110% turn off data usage (as well as 110% turn off LTE) so you keep overages at a minimum (if that's something that applies to a person).

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, it shouldn't matter that much as tho Sprint has unlimited data plans. As far as an Verizon and AT&T customers should be more worried about that toggle being off and still picking up LTE speeds. If it is a problem trying calling the apple tech or Sprints tech department.

Not really sure why ppl on Verizon or AT&T should worry either LTE never uses more data. In fact it should use ever so slightly less data from less overhead.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Started last week. Picking up LTE while LTE toggle switched to OFF. I even performed speed-test and indeed it's picking up LTE based on speeds. This is a sprint 16gb white iPhone 5. Anyone else having this issue? View attachment 24204

They will tell you to one do a hard rest or two do a restore ..

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Junius8

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Not really sure why ppl on Verizon or AT&T should worry either LTE never uses more data. In fact it should use ever so slightly less data from less overhead.

I say that because LTE is much faster on these 2 networks that users tend to browse more on their social media sites and etc.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I say that because LTE is much faster on these 2 networks that users tend to browse more on their social media sites and etc.

Yup true. Oddly enough I have actually used less data on LTE then 3G. Probably bc the iPhone is more efficient with it's data.

Junius8

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup true. Oddly enough I have actually used less data on LTE then 3G. Probably bc the iPhone is more efficient with it's data.

That's cool I just switched to Verizon service so I kind've been mindful of the data I use. And your right the iPhone is very efficient with its data.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is some of the best battery life I have had and have left LTE on but not in a LTE area
e9ypysu7.jpg