Glass quality

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
my favorite internet arguments: "you're an idiot" and "with a name like ___ i shouldn't expect anything anyway". it's the best way to use up bandwidth without making a point.

I've had my 4 for almost 2 years now and it's fine all over. my SG3 screen scratched from keys in my purse after a couple weeks. /shrug

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Once again Jeeze, does anyone read in here. I NEVER said that I keep my i5 in a tool belt , I said that I kept my i4 in tool belt why is this so difficult to understand....

Sean thanks for the english help, your still an idiot though...

Sean...why do you think there is something wrong with putting in an insurance claim ???? That is why you get insurance isn't it. The way I leaned of the battery excuse was from a guy at the apple store, I wanted to replace my scratched old 4s for a new one but I figured I would ask the apple tech if they donate working phones, he told me no, he then told me to break the screen and come back, I looked at him oddly, then he said he would just input bad battery for replacement and gave me a new phone. Why is the " bad " I think sean is just bored with his life so he just trolls around being a DicHK..

All I did was ask if the iphone 5 had different glass, I don't see why Sean has a stick up his ARSE about my insurance practices, seems like someone needs to get a life outside of this forum...

Anyway the simple point was.... my iphone 4 screen held up much better than the i4s and i5, if I knew I would be told " what babying was" I would have saved my thoughts...

Sorry for posting.... Lets keep posting for things like .....look at my wallpaper and look at my home screen, because those are the things that really matter....

Sean I will wait for your witty response...

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If Apple ignores it ... Im in, sorry.

Guess I have moral issues as well as spelling issues.

Im sure millions of people submit apple care claims for scratching or damaging there phones. This is why you pay the additional $ 100 when you purchase the device.... it does in fact cover water damage and cracking the glass....scratching is accidental why shouldn't that be covered ?

Im sure Sean will have a comment on this . he always seems to...

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I did not lie, The tech input that as the reason for the claim, I paid the $ 49 and got a new phone.

Actually the tech lied ..not me... I went in to inquire and that is the response I got.

Back to the original topic, I have heard from several people on the internet and in person who say the i5 screens coating scratches much easier, guess you have been lucky. My phone never leaves my truck, never goes in my pocket and has minor hairline scratches in the screens coating after only 3 weeks.

My i4 was abused by being in my tool belt and pocket and never had any scratches , none, for over a year, it looked brand new when I sold it.

My original point was I wish they kept things the same but they never do...

Shan S.

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry cpc12. You lied and legally took part in performing a fraudulent act.

I am a lawyer that specializes in financial fraud. The tech at apple logged a fake claim on your behalf. You had to agree to it. You both lied and cost apple $ in a fake claim.

Back to the real topic... Yes the glass/ coating does appear to scratch easier..hopefully the coatings get a bit stronger in the next version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok, your screen just scratches easier than every other person's on the planet. Gotcha...

My nephew has an iPod Touch, and he feels he takes good care of it (though it's quite beat up), you remind me a lot of him, he's 6.

P.S. - *You're (though i really shouldn't come down on you too much for the grammatical error, i don't think they cover contractions until 2nd or 3rd grade. You'll get there little buddy, just keep trying!)

Ok your first response didn't warrent you being called an idiot but the fact that you have to get into some childish name-calling and start arguing grammar on the internet? Let it go dude.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Once again Jeeze, does anyone read in here. I NEVER said that I keep my i5 in a tool belt , I said that I kept my i4 in tool belt why is this so difficult to understand....

Sean thanks for the english help, your still an idiot though...

Sean...why do you think there is something wrong with putting in an insurance claim ???? That is why you get insurance isn't it. The way I leaned of the battery excuse was from a guy at the apple store, I wanted to replace my scratched old 4s for a new one but I figured I would ask the apple tech if they donate working phones, he told me no, he then told me to break the screen and come back, I looked at him oddly, then he said he would just input bad battery for replacement and gave me a new phone. Why is the " bad " I think sean is just bored with his life so he just trolls around being a DicHK..

All I did was ask if the iphone 5 had different glass, I don't see why Sean has a stick up his ARSE about my insurance practices, seems like someone needs to get a life outside of this forum...

Anyway the simple point was.... my iphone 4 screen held up much better than the i4s and i5, if I knew I would be told " what babying was" I would have saved my thoughts...

Sorry for posting.... Lets keep posting for things like .....look at my wallpaper and look at my home screen, because those are the things that really matter....

Sean I will wait for your witty response...

I simply pointed out that if you scratched your screen, you apparently weren't babying your phone (initially)...you came back with the elementary school playground name calling. I enjoy people like you on the website, and no, I'm not bored with life, i just think it's fun to point out idiocy and asinine "points" (See: Yours).

As far as your insurance claims, I'm not even going there with you...nobody is naive to your reasoning here, and that's your prerogative...you ask why it's bad? You're filing fraudulent claims, fraud...FRAUD. But that was only a very small piece of my point earlier...my main point of that comment was more about the fact that it shows how you really take care of your phones, so little to the point you would have a plan (and experience) to trade them in when they DO in fact get scratched and scuffed up.

But alas, you've pretty much dug your own hole here, there's nothing more i need to say...no reason to waste witty responses on you because you're burying yourself. Have you noticed that no one agrees with you here? Doesn't that tell you something? Out of the 800+ people that looked at this thread you're not finding this "issue" you seem to think plagues the iPhone 5?

It doesn't exist bud...you don't baby your phone, you do something in your everyday activities that at some point damages your phone...and given your feelings on your responsibility when it comes to filing those insurance claims, it's no real surprise you feel the scratches on your screen are the fault of someone besides you.

Responsibility...learn it kiddo.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I did not lie, The tech input that as the reason for the claim, I paid the $ 49 and got a new phone.

Weird...

(quoted from another thread)

I love apple care, $ 50 and you get a brand new ( not refurbished ) phone, 2 claims allowed. I use one even if I scratch the phone. I just tell apple the battery is no good and they swap out the phone

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks dad, I feel so much better that you have pointed out that I dont baby my phone, Im so glad there are people like you on these sites to point out other people bad habits, we are blessed to have you amongst us.

Ive never seen someone so hell bent on proving that iP5 does not scratch, there are people in this thread and people outside this forum that agree that it does scratch easier, but to each his own, if it makes you feel authoritative to mock my statements then by all means have at it....

I figured someone as competent as yourself would be a English teacher or a Police Officer not a taco bell employee but whatever..

Please feel free to monitor my statements and correct me as you feel necessary...

While your doing that .... make me a taco....

Shan S.

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow cpc12.

First bad grammar, then clearly filing fraudulent reasons for returning a iPhone

Now making fun of somebody for where he or she works. But guess what Sean loaded the words "Taco Bell" for the version of iOs to be corny/ sarcastic . It is not where this person works. You need to pay attention to details...

You really need to realize as Sean said you are digging yourself In a hole.. Nobody agrees with your practices.

I do agree the phones seem to scratch a bit more than the 4 and 4s but it still sounds like you are abusing the return policy to get a new phone every time you get a scratch.

As Sean has said numerous times..you just don't get it...

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow cpc12.

First bad grammar, then clearly filing fraudulent reasons for returning a iPhone

Now making fun of somebody for where he or she works. But guess what Sean loaded the words "Taco Bell" for the version of iOs to be corny/ sarcastic . It is not where this person works. You need to pay attention to details...

You really need to realize as Sean said you are digging yourself In a hole.. Nobody agrees with your practices.

I do agree the phones seem to scratch a bit more than the 4 and 4s but it still sounds like you are abusing the return policy to get a new phone every time you get a scratch.

As Sean has said numerous times..you just don't get it...

Some people just live in a Bubble..... I don't think it's scratches any different..... Perhaps because I put it in a case with a screen protector....

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
To the OP, just try sgp ultra crystal for few months. I just put one on because of my scratch and boy are these things awesome. Super clarity and almost the same glass feel. If you feel it scratches easily why not protect it for few months? I never put on screen protectors before and hate them but after getting a bad scratch the first day why not protect it? I take good care of my phones and never put anything in the same pocket with my phone and scratched it the first day!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't say the 5 scratches more but you can't rule out the possibility of some coming with defective coating or thinner than normal which leads to easier hairline scratches. I read elsewhere that some are having this issue as well. I'm sure not all are defective so you will get mix responses.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I figured someone as competent as yourself would be a English teacher or a Police Officer not a taco bell employee but whatever..

Please feel free to monitor my statements and correct me as you feel necessary...

While your doing that .... make me a taco....

Interesting story about that...

At any rate, my points have been made, and in no way was i trying to prove the iPhone 5 doesn't scratch, i know i can scratch it, you can scratch it, ANYONE can scratch it...but your so called "babying" ended with your phone screen being scratched, something you could probably avoid in the future some how, but who knows why it happened, according to you, pollen in the air can scratch the screen so i don't know.

I'm done now, there's way too much football and beer in my house to argue with someone who proves my own points over and over again.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks EvoRC.

See people can be helpful instead of critical... Im the same way I always keep my phone safe within healthy/normal limits, and it still scratched .

I dont keep my phone in bubble wrap nor do I slide it on concrete. But I have noticed people complaining of scratches and I have scratches as well.

My original point was that exactly.. I am way more carful with this phone than I ever was with my 4, and my 4 never scratched once in a year and my 5 scratched within a week.

I dont see why my observation caused such an upheaval here, seems like people were just waiting to pounce on someone for mis phrasing something.

As for calling me out on fraud, what is this a moral clinic ? JEEZE !! Im sure im the only person who put in a claim for a scratched phone.... get a grip people.

I will chose my questions and their wording more carefully in the future as I see how testy people can be.

Go Tigers !!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If the phone is truly damaged, no issue. However, earlier in this thread it was stated that you took the phone back with minor cosmetic damage and claimed battery issues to get another one. That is fraud because AppleCare+ has a $49 deductible to get a damaged phone replaced. You only get a free replacement if there was something wrong with the phone, not from accidental damage. Since you lied about the reason for a replacement that is fraud.
I'm not really taking any sides here. For the few days I had the iPhone 5, I found the
glass to be just as good as my previous iPhones. No issue there.

However, I don't really think it matters what your reason for getting an exchange under
Apple Care + is. He could have just gone in and said he wanted to exchange it and pay
his deductible just because of the scratch. He could have just thrown if on the floor then
and there and still gotten another with the deductible. It is essentially insurance without
the loss/theft coverage.

OP, if you're cool with wasting one of your two claims in such a hurry over a scratch, then
that's cool. I hope you get carrier insurance though. Because you sound like a person who
will have more than a few scratches, lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2