How much can an iOS update do improve battery life?

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 has alright battery life. I'm not excited about it, nor disappointed.

I was talking to an Apple employee at the Apple Store and they told me a lot of complaints have come about the battery life. I asked them what the problem was, and he said that Apple is going to improve the battery life in the next iOS update (6.0.1 or 6.1) and then said that they had this problem with the 4S, too.

How much can they actually change to improve the battery life? Anything you can't already do? I have LTE off (usually not in an LTE zone, anyways), location services limited, brightness down, Bluetooth off, iCloud off, etc.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened with the 4S and iOS 5. Apple fixed the battery issue with future updates that worked including for me. Give or take iOS 6.1 should give better battery life...it's the norm with Apple...I'm content with the battery life on my 5. I honestly have a charger at home, office, car. Every opportunity I get I plug it in. With this new lighting cable 10-15 minutes connected gives you tons of juice.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Like the above poster said - the 4S had a battery issue with iOS 5. I didn't really have any issues but the update did seem to extend the battery a little... I wouldn't look for any kind of extreme improvement (i.e. 8 additional hours) but you could probably get a least a couple more by updating...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost