First Encounter =)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
We beat ourselves last year, going on that 8 game losing streak and crapping the bed...you guys have to actually play us to get it this season...good luck, lol!

P.S. - You guys don't have the team from last year anymore. ;)

Yeah you guys did fall pretty hard last season but the Cards were pretty amazing at the end of the season too. It took both for it to even happen. If ATL wins Friday I will be cheering for them. It will be a fun game to watch! Medlen's magic has to run out sometime... here's hoping it's Friday!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The sooner you forget about Flash player the sooner you and the rest of us will all be better off. It's time to move on from Flash. We have better technology. You won't miss it at all on the iPhone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you guys did fall pretty hard last season but the Cards were pretty amazing at the end of the season too. It took both for it to even happen. If ATL wins Friday I will be cheering for them. It will be a fun game to watch! Medlen's magic has to run out sometime... here's hoping it's Friday!

Shut your mouth! Medlen and Kimbrel are two names i would NOT want to see going into a 1 game playoff. :D

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, since I have owned every iPhone made, plus 2 Android phones and 2 Windows Phones (iPhone, iPhone 3G, 3GS, HTC Inspire 4G, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung GS2 Skyrocket, Samsung Focus S, and iPhone 4S), I can tell you this: I've always come back to iPhone. Its the best combination of design, ecosystem, and ease of use. Its also the most stable. Android tends to be laggy, even with new Android 4.0 phones. The SGS 3 is nice looking, but pick it up and you'll be disappointed. Cheap Plastic.

The iPhone 5 does has the same design language as the 4/4S, but its totally new otherwise, and much higher quality than any current or past Android phone.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! :) There is no perfect phone, just the phone that's perfect for you. Like other phones The iPhone runs the gamut from stock to jailbroken and is versatile enough to fit the needs of most people. After looking at what I wanted in a smartphone and the available choices, I selected the iPhone 4s. If you look for what you want the phone to do rather than what it doesn't or can't do, I think you'll make a good choice.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
There are some apps that can view some flash on websites, not as smooth as a computer, but useable if you need it. I use Puffin browser and I works OK

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Ouch . . Well to those of you who were posting about braves/cards, all I can say is . . Wow

"Ouch, tough season for you guys, came out the box strong, but St. Louis ruined things for ya. We'll take care of them Friday, no worries." . . . Sean, you have my sympathy and hope you are able to sleep tonight

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Way to go Cards!!!

It's too bad about the questionable call. The way I see it though - the Braves had 3 errors and left 12 on base. You won't win many games like that with or without 1 questionable call.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations and welcome to the iOS community, we are happy to have you. As far as you jumping into the iPhone experience and regretting it, I would have to say that I highly doubt that will happen. You seem like you have done your research and have about all of the facts that would be needed to make an informed decision. There aren't too many things that you CAN'T do with this phone that another platform is going to offer you. The other platform will just do it differently. iOS definitely gives you a cleaner, more polished experience in my opinion and is very responsive. The hardware is very tough, but I would suggest getting a case for those "Just In Case" things that happen. All in all, I feel that you would be very satisfied with an iPhone. A lot of phones try to do things the same way the iPhone does because the things that it does, it does extremely well (if that makes any sense). Like was stated, Flash is going out so that wont be an issue for long. Also, the only people that really feel restricted by the way iOS is locked down are usually whats called PowerUsers or people that like to really dig around into their operating system and see just how far they can make it go. I'm a bit of a poweruser myself and even though some things tick me off, I am happy with my iDevice. I hope you find the answer to your question and are satisfied with whatever device you decide to go with. Remember that there's an entire community of fellow iUsers right here waiting to help you if needed. Happy purchasing!!!

Thanks! I've heard some people complain that if a notification comes in while you're talking on the phone it will beep loudly in your ear while you're still on the call; is this right? and has it been a problem for you or is it just someone being picky?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I've heard some people complain that if a notification comes in while you're talking on the phone it will beep loudly in your ear while you're still on the call; is this right? and has it been a problem for you or is it just someone being picky?

Describing the event as "beep loudly" is subjective. The iPhone/iOS does not mute your alerts while you are on a phone call... and I suppose that is can be a bit annoying, especially the first few times that it happens. Whether or not it's a problem or just "being picky", is also a subjective thing. For me, it's not an issue, as I am used to it... but I can see why some folks want the option of turning them off while on a phone call...

As to whether or not it will be an issue for you, only you can say.