I think the OP should be banned from this site, banned from apple and banned from all cell phone providers, nail him up.....
    10-02-2012 09:36 PM
    I looked at Verizon's policy again and it said the phone must be in "like-new" condition. As for the dent, its a tiny dent on the bottom (but still bothers me) but everything about the phone is flawless. Anyway, that doesn't matter because I went into Apple...

I went in and told them I just got the phone last week and it feel out of my pocket and dented. The guy at the genius bar told me that starting with the iphone 5 (because of the way their made) Apple says they all include a FREE ONE YEAR WARRANTY and can be returned for COSMETIC DAMAGE. However, you get a refurbished or new phone. Considering I bought the phone at Verizon, it was very cool of them and this is why I will blindly give Apple my money for years to come. Originally they told me I would have to wait 2-3 weeks get it because the ones in the back were for major issues (ie phone wont turn on, no sound, etc), but the guy came back and said they had enough. All in all, pretty sweet.

Anyway, after looking into it, it seems had I wasted what would have been probably 2+ hours in there store, it seems that I wouldn't have been able to return the phone within the 14 day period as it indicates it must be in a like new condition. However, the person I spoke to on the phone told me I would be able to exchange/return it regardless of the dent within the 14 days, but fortunately that doesn't matter.

As for Apple, maybe as someone mentioned I ended up with a cool Apple Genius, but he definitely said that starting with the iphone 5 that they all include a free 1 year warranty which includes COSMETIC damage. Either way, I am satisfied, and thanks for the help.

And for anyone who stated I was trying to commit fraud, please do yourself a favor and look up the definition.
    10-02-2012 09:53 PM
    fraud (n)- Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Like dropping a phone and blaming it on the carrier/store.

Taking my gun and shooting someone and blaming the gun store.

Buying many Big Macs, getting fat and blaming McDonalds.

Personal responsibility who?
    gixxer07600 and jonmark like this.
    10-02-2012 10:25 PM
    I looked at Verizon's policy again and it said the phone must be in "like-new" condition. As for the dent, its a tiny dent on the bottom (but still bothers me) but everything about the phone is flawless. Anyway, that doesn't matter because I went into Apple...

I went in and told them I just got the phone last week and it feel out of my pocket and dented. The guy at the genius bar told me that starting with the iphone 5 (because of the way their made) Apple says they all include a FREE ONE YEAR WARRANTY and can be returned for COSMETIC DAMAGE. However, you get a refurbished or new phone. Considering I bought the phone at Verizon, it was very cool of them and this is why I will blindly give Apple my money for years to come. Originally they told me I would have to wait 2-3 weeks get it because the ones in the back were for major issues (ie phone wont turn on, no sound, etc), but the guy came back and said they had enough. All in all, pretty sweet.

Anyway, after looking into it, it seems had I wasted what would have been probably 2+ hours in there store, it seems that I wouldn't have been able to return the phone within the 14 day period as it indicates it must be in a like new condition. However, the person I spoke to on the phone told me I would be able to exchange/return it regardless of the dent within the 14 days, but fortunately that doesn't matter.

As for Apple, maybe as someone mentioned I ended up with a cool Apple Genius, but he definitely said that starting with the iphone 5 that they all include a free 1 year warranty which includes COSMETIC damage. Either way, I am satisfied, and thanks for the help.

And for anyone who stated I was trying to commit fraud, please do yourself a favor and look up the definition.
    Not going to bash you although i agree with others I would be upset and prob want no dent in my phone also.. But you went to apple and were honest with what happen so good for you .Apple in the past has hooked people up without charging them if your honest but its not policy and still is not .. If it was apple care wouldn't be sold or would state the 50 deductible after the first year etc
    My assumption is because of all the numerous cases of iPhone 5 being shipped with cosmetic damage the guy you spoke to just chalked it up under that and hooked you up even thou that was not the case ..
    Apple stands behind there product and and puts customers first and it works obviously there stores are packed like many this is why I keep buying from them vs others
    10-02-2012 11:56 PM
    Not even sure why I am wasting my time, but try reading the thread again and you will see that someone mentioned to me that I should say that. When I spoke with Verizon on the phone as well as when I went into Apple I stated my phone dropped. Either way, this is why I don't waste my time posting on forums if I can help it.
    10-03-2012 12:15 AM
    All is well mate. You got a replacement iphone 5. Don think that will work in Asia though, especially Indonesia.
    "You broke it, You buy it"
    Cheers
    BLiNK likes this.
    10-03-2012 02:34 AM
    Either way, this is why I don't waste my time posting on forums if I can help it.
    well.. YOU did. what, did you want all of us to agree with you? you obviously do not know how places like this work

Lesson #1: do not take things personal. it's the internet.
    10-03-2012 09:58 AM
    Not even sure why I am wasting my time, but try reading the thread again and you will see that someone mentioned to me that I should say that. When I spoke with Verizon on the phone as well as when I went into Apple I stated my phone dropped. Either way, this is why I don't waste my time posting on forums if I can help it.
    You damaged the phone. You should not be allowed to return it. It's not like it was damaged out of the box. Anyways, don't waste anymore time of the members here. I'll even help you, thread closed.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-03-2012 10:08 AM
33 12