How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

jackholl92

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about getting an iPhone 5 and I am amazed at the battery life everyone is getting I have a nexus 4 and get maybe 3-4 hours of usage and about 15 hours of stand by

Tristanlg

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPhone 5 a lot during the day, I go on Facebook twitter and surf the net, and at the end of the day I have about 24% left which isn't bad in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jackholl92

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how apple got so good at battery life its stupid compared to anything android

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wcbratton

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I switched over from the dark side 2 months ago. Was using a Nexus on Big Red & was either switching batteries towards the evening or almost dead. With the i5 getting through the day isn't even an issue.

I haven't looked back!

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is my battery life doing fine?
ura8ubyj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
image_1366689934706619.jpg
Charged it to 100% before I slept at night. Lasted an entire full 12 hour school day with half n half 4G/Wifi with like 30-40% brightness. Not bad I guess but then again I don't really play any games. Just social media, email, weather, text. This is stock 6.1.3

Last edited:

GCMS

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Always have had issues with battery life on Android so I just bought the iphone 5 and came over from android gs2 and so far i'm loving the phone!!! within 3 hrs of owning the phone i get the update notification for 6.1.3 my question is IF i don't want to update to 6.1.3 is there any way to get rid of the notification on the settings app icon? Reason i don't want to update is because i dread having battery issues as that was constantly happening to me on android. I'm getting great battery life without update and want to keep it that way. Somewhere around this forum i saw a discusstion that was talking about battery issue from update being because update was being done OTA and should be done via iTunes how much weight does that hold?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Always have had issues with battery life on Android so I just bought the iphone 5 and came over from android gs2 and so far i'm loving the phone!!! within 3 hrs of owning the phone i get the update notification for 6.1.3 my question is IF i don't want to update to 6.1.3 is there any way to get rid of the notification on the settings app icon? Reason i don't want to update is because i dread having battery issues as that was constantly happening to me on android. I'm getting great battery life without update and want to keep it that way. Somewhere around this forum i saw a discusstion that was talking about battery issue from update being because update was being done OTA and should be done via iTunes how much weight does that hold?

When my iPhone 5 arrived almost a month ago, the first thing I did after making sure it was not damaged, was turn it on, connect it to iTunes and upgrade the to iOS 6.1.3. I have no regrets in doing so and my battery life is excellent. Still, I understand that there are others whose battery life is sub-par. I cannot explain why that is. As for the iOS update notification, I don't think you can hide it without your device being jailbroken, but I could be wrong. Finally, in regard to which is better, to update OTA or via iTunes, you will have people favoring both. Personally, I prefer to update via iTunes because it is not necessarily a patchwork update, but a full install of iOS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2