Soon to be new user/Android past...

Hughey79

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I am looking for some basic help/assistance please. So with the post topic here many can assume the obvious that I am a current Android user and have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus that I got in December when it came out. I am not a basher either way on the products.
However with that said I am tired of waiting for updates to come and the battery life well is horrible. Also I get my led to blink but the text or whatever didn't make it through.

So this Friday I am going to make my way to a Verizon store and grab the Iphone 5 and possibly be an Apple user for the first time in my life.

So a few questions. I currently use Google for everything and am wondering on the transfer of contacts, calendar, etc? My employer relies on Google as well so I use it daily. My contacts have pictures with them so if I set the phone up to transfer from Gmail/Google will that all transfer over or would it be best to start fresh like another topic on here and build anew?

But then when I put in my Gmail address what will happen? Will it ask if I want to sync? Eventually I will want to.

If there is any other advice I should or need to know please share with me. Thank you.

Brian

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you add your Gmail as an exchange email everything should sync over perfectly. It will let you check what you want to sync over (contacts, calendars, mail) and it should only take seconds.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Gmail syncs seamlessly, but you will want to set up Exchange/Google Sync for your Google Contacts and for your Google Calendar. This sounds funny to say, but just google it for instructions. As for iCloud, I only use it for photo storage backup.

Hughey79

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Google has a good platform for email and contacts that I am very pleased with and I really did not want to start that whole process over.
Have to see what Friday brings and if I can get my hands on one from the local Verizon store.

ct_mike

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Google has a good platform for email and contacts that I am very pleased with and I really did not want to start that whole process over.
Have to see what Friday brings and if I can get my hands on one from the local Verizon store.
My wife and I have been using our Google Apps email, calendars, and contacts on the iPhone 4 and 4s for over and year and a half now. Set it up as exchange and enjoy the seamless link between the phone and your google account.

You will need to google the set up, as there is a google sync site that you need to log into on the phone to make sure all of your calendars show up on the phone. Once done, the calendars work very easily even the shared calendars.:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77