Yeah, and I didn't have something sending me an e-mail saying to go to a site to complete the order. But I used the Apple Store app, and not the AT&T site.
    i went to the att site first and almost made it through before their servers crashed

then i went to the apple site and finally got in, and since att's servers were down, it couldn't complete the order, but they said they reserved me one and would send me an email to complete the order when they could contact att's servers.

then i got the email to complete, went to do it, and after entering all the payment and stuff, it just keeps going back to the cart with no error or message of any kind.

if i had an ios device to use their app i would, but i guess they only want people who already own their products to buy the newer ones.
    09-14-2012 04:59 AM
    This is basically what I got from Verizon: "Thanks for your recent order. Unfortunately, we were unable to process your order because your credit application was placed on hold due for the following reason:
    Our Credit Review Department has requested further information from you.
    "

Anyone else in the same boat with me?
    No, but I was staying with AT&T and already had a plan. You're going from AT&T to Verizon, and they must have some sort of issue with your credit/credit card. I'm guessing you're ok in terms of the order (shouldn't get the 2 week delay if it originally said 9/21), you just need to clarify the billing stuff tomorrow (err today).
    Last edited by Redshirt; 09-14-2012 at 05:03 AM.
    I ordered my iPhone at around 11:55pm with AT&T. Hopefully I'll get it by September 21. This is my first time preordering anything. Any chance we will get them a day early??? Has there ever been shipping delays?
    so i ordered a black 32gb iphone 5 on att's site a couple minutes before midnight. when i tried to enter my email, it wouldnt let me and displayed "none@yahoo.com". I havent gotten a confirmation email, but have an order number. do you think im good? im very nervous the order didnt got through.
    Just give it some time for the systems to process everything. We see this stuff every year and people always freak out. Everything will work out. Take a deep breath
    09-14-2012 05:00 AM
    I ordered my iPhone at around 11:55pm with AT&T. Hopefully I'll get it by September 21. This is my first time preordering anything. Any chance we will get them a day early??? Has there ever been shipping delays?
    No one here knows. Most likely not early UNLESS shipping made a mistake. Usually Apple is strict about this and notifies shipper to not deliver before a certain date. Just take a deep breath and you can worry about a shipping delay after you get your confirmation. Otherwise, no one knows.
    09-14-2012 05:02 AM
    i went to the att site first and almost made it through before their servers crashed

then i went to the apple site and finally got in, and since att's servers were down, it couldn't complete the order, but they said they reserved me one and would send me an email to complete the order when they could contact att's servers.

then i got the email to complete, went to do it, and after entering all the payment and stuff, it just keeps going back to the cart with no error or message of any kind.

if i had an ios device to use their app i would, but i guess they only want people who already own their products to buy the newer ones.
    Ah, I see now. Interesting, Must be something new for that situation. I've never run into it before.

And no, I'm pretty sure Apple wants everyone in the world to buy their products. Multiples if at all possible. The iOS app is just another avenue to sell us.
    Black 16 GB, AT&T, unlimited data, ordered using Apple Store App. Couldn't be happier!
    Yes to all your questions.

They've been received early for the iPhone 4. Not sure on the 4s, I think those pretty much came on the correct day. Just keep an eye on your order. It'll give you the day it is actually shipped, and you should be able to track from the shipping site from that point. And yes, there have been shipping delays and misdirections before as well. You've got millions of these things floating around FedEx, etc, anything can happen.
    09-14-2012 05:05 AM
    I know some of you guys have pointed out but they've already pushed back shipping to 2 weeks after a couple hours. Wow. Just wow. I wonder if this just astronomical sales, real supply shortage or possible even Apple making sure they have the most available for in store release so they can continue to generate those long lines. Probably a combination of all, but wow.
    09-14-2012 05:07 AM
    I know some of you guys have pointed out but they've already pushed back shipping to 2 weeks after a couple hours. Wow. Just wow.
    Yeah, it was an hour. I'm wondering how far back the shipping date will be by the end of the day.
    09-14-2012 05:08 AM
    I'm still up
    09-14-2012 05:16 AM
    This was timing out since 2:59 est. went to attupgrader app and was crashing. Kept plugging in iTunes pw and eventually got through at 3:29. Wife will be happy!!
    09-14-2012 05:21 AM
    I didn't have any problem placing an order on the Apple site. Pre orders have only been available for two hours and shipping is at 2 weeks! I can only imagine what it will be for people later on in the day.

Order placed: AT&T 16gb Black/Slate
    Shipping : 2 weeks (crossing my fingers it arrives next week)
    09-14-2012 05:25 AM
    Ahhhhhh!!!! VZW Support did say unlimited data would be grandfathered over to the 4G IPhone. But, I tweeted them. And he wrote back saying you can only keep unlimited data if you pay the full retail price. I'm thinking twice about upgrading to the iPhone 5 now.
    09-14-2012 05:29 AM
    Ahhhhhh!!!! VZW Support did say unlimited data would be grandfathered over to the 4G IPhone. But, I tweeted them. And he wrote back saying you can only keep unlimited data if you pay the full retail price. I'm thinking twice about upgrading to the iPhone 5 now.
    These carriers are such greedy bastards. AT&T doesn't want FaceTime over cellular and Verizon with paying full price to keep your data plan are complete jokes. It's too bad Sprint sucks so bad here or I'd give the iPhone 5 a try on their network.
    09-14-2012 05:40 AM
    Yes this has been the case since they released the new plans a couple months ago right before the galaxy s3 came out. Only way to keep unlimited is to pay full retail. Any upgrades used will result in needing to choose a new plan.
    09-14-2012 05:41 AM
    Jeff, you just ordered your iPhone 5. What are you going to do now?

I'm going to Disneyland! (no, really...leaving for Dland in 5 hours)
    RubyAmanda likes this.
    09-14-2012 05:42 AM
    Ordered at 3:46 EDT. Apple Store online did all on my 4S. IP5: Verizon. Black. 64. New account (dumping ATT - no LTE here). Delivery promised on 21.
    Very easy. Faster then last year.
    Can not use iphone's app if switching to new provider. Only upgrade/add line.

I never got anything early. Last year it was UPS (or FedEx at 4 pm ir so)
    09-14-2012 05:50 AM
    These carriers are such greedy bastards. AT&T doesn't want FaceTime over cellular and Verizon with paying full price to keep your data plan are complete jokes. It's too bad Sprint sucks so bad here or I'd give the iPhone 5 a try on their network.
    ICAM! I don't think Sprint OR AT&T works here, so I'm stuck. If I upgrade to the iPhone 5, I have to watch data very closesly. Gonna be difficult. Hate greedy people!
    09-14-2012 05:56 AM
    Yes this has been the case since they released the new plans a couple months ago right before the galaxy s3 came out. Only way to keep unlimited is to pay full retail. Any upgrades used will result in needing to choose a new plan.

I know that now. Thanks. Not an entirely new plan, just the new data portion. Trying reading about Shared Everything Plans and got a headache. But, I'm the only one in my family with VZW, so that'd be kinda pointless for me.
    09-14-2012 05:57 AM
    ICAM! I don't think Sprint OR AT&T works here, so I'm stuck. If I upgrade to the iPhone 5, I have to watch data very closesly. Gonna be difficult. Hate greedy people!
    Just as an FYI, this isn't something very new. It was announced shortly after Verizon announced the new plans a couple months ago. I don't like it either but just want to let you know that they're trying to get everyone to switch off unlimited and it's been the policy for a couple months now. Good luck with whatever you decide to do
    09-14-2012 05:59 AM
    Did you have issues with your white Iphone? Im not sure which color I want but I heard that wear and tear is more visible on the white one. What do you think??
    I have always been all black, but got the white this time. I checked out others' white iPhones over the past few days, and they look perfectly clean & white, no discoloration. That was the only real concern - with the silver back, white is HOT!
    09-14-2012 06:02 AM
    Wow Verizon ..pay full price to keep unlimited plan? That is soooo whack.
    09-14-2012 06:03 AM
    Just bought mine finnaly going to bed!
    09-14-2012 06:09 AM
    I know some of you guys have pointed out but they've already pushed back shipping to 2 weeks after a couple hours. Wow. Just wow. I wonder if this just astronomical sales, real supply shortage or possible even Apple making sure they have the most available for in store release so they can continue to generate those long lines. Probably a combination of all, but wow.
    Yean - I orderred on apple site before 5 am Eastern, and all models were available to ship in 2 weeks. I am hoping they did that once they got close to launch-day limit rather than risk telling anyone 1 week then having to back off. Fingers crossed for faster, but OK if its not. It looked liike VZW was still guaranteeing delivery by 21st at the time I bought from Apple, but I went w/ Apple store anyway. So easy to make a device change if needed after order: walk in, trade, walk out. LOVE Apple store customer service. I did just that w/ prior iDevices: had buyers remorse for 16 GB and upped memory on each of them, respectively, with quick and painless swap. I went with white for the first time - so its good to knnow I can swap colors easily if I have a change of heart.
    09-14-2012 06:13 AM
3,016 ... 113114115116117 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD