Hello Apple World!

cyberpedz

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am new here and before I go any further let's get this out of the way. I am an android user and have been since android started, I am not here to slate Apple or iPhone so let's not get in to iPhone/android haters. I have loved android for many years and still do. But I feel a change is needed. I see many people saying iOS is getting boarding and going to android etc but I just think its how long you use it. I love android but I am now getting board of it. I have rooted most of my devices and love that with android you can pretty much do what you want and customize etc.
But still I am thinking of coming over to the apple camp! My reasons are I am at a point that because you can root customize etc with android I feel I have to. I am constantly playing with ROMs finding some are rubbish and laggy then others much better. I am board of doing this and just want a good phone that works. My worry is that yes ios does just work but will I cope with its limitations? Although I am thinking of getting an iPhone 5 I still feel it is behind in today's mobile world. Are their any x android veterans that moved to iPhone? How was it for you?

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess one day you will jailbreak it and start with the tweaking all over again... :D I mean, it's not like you could not just use an android device stock. Same thing applies with the iPhone...

cyberpedz

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Well i dont mean it is behind as a whole. It obviously is a very well made phone and apple always produce great hardware but some features that are supposed new have been available on other platforms for some time. Although apple tend to perfect them.

I really want the iphone 5 i guess after being on android for so long i wonder how i will adjust/like it. With limitations like having to use itunes for everything. Not have the ability to use as mass storage e.g just plug in to comp and put files, music etc on it. Just wanted to know really if their any x android users that made the swap and how they found it, did they regret it or glad they made the move.

cyberpedz

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello fellow ex android user!
Climb onboard!
I have been an android user too! About 9 months ago. And I know your worries and frustrations!
Whats the difference between android and apple is just.

Pros of android
-Customizability. Setting your own ringtone and ****. That's what others are arguing about.

Cons of android
-But then lagginess and hang is always the problem for android ain't it!
I just read a post on an apple user switching over to android's jelly bean for a month.
and boy he hated it. he said it lagged like ****.

Pros of Apple.
- first things first. It will never crash on you. fail you. or even give you a sec lag.
That is to say you don't purposely open two dozens of apps and expect it to run smoothly for games.
- Countering on the cons of customizability. The ringtones it gives you are decent enough. Professional to fun. all included. I personally loved them.
Moreover, if some android hardcores wana argue on this. We too can download an app that allows us to convert songs to our theme. Just that most of us are too lazy to do that.

The user interface is simple and cool. You may be able to do a lot of **** with android but end of the day. we just wana get things done don't we?!

-Siri. Whenever your too lazy to press. just speak to it. Google now seems to have some problems with it.

- Smooth as heaven~ I know it may be similar to the first point but I can't emphasize that enough!

- No Malware worries. Your bank accounts are safe!

Last but not least! Given the rumors for the dimensions of the apple iPhone 5. You will still be able to use it with one hand! Try doing that with S3. Don't blame me if it drops :D

All in all. Apple's Software is what keeps a lot of us here.

I'll be jumping back to android in 2 years time though. When they finally reach perfection, Hopefully.

In Summary,
Apple is awesome. You won't regret it!

Thank you that helps a lot!

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
To the OP, welcome. I am also an ex Android user. There are a lot of things to like about Android. I never got into the ROMs or rooting my device, but I have enjoyed the dozen or do Android devices all the same. What I didn't like were all of the issues. There were a few times that I had hardware issues, but I have had software problems with every Android device that I had ever owned. The Google ecosystem has evolved into something comparable to iTunes, but it isn't quite there yet. Apple hardware is phenomenal to me. And I am probably one of the few people that believes the current screen size of the iPhone is perfect. Battery life has always been good for me. Performance is consistent. The phone itself never crashes. Some apps may crash, but I never have to reboot the phone. Apple just makes things so simple and beautiful. I remember when the design for the iPhone 4 came out I thought to myself that is the best looking device I have ever seen. It looked perfect to me. I have never been so satisfied with a device as I have now with my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had an EVO for quite some time as a work phone (while also owning an iPhone as a personal phone)...the day that they came to us and told us that they were switching us to iPhone's last year when the 4S was released was such a great day, as i could not wait to get rid of my EVO. Not sure if that helps but that's where i stood on the situation.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I had an EVO for quite some time as a work phone (while also owning an iPhone as a personal phone)...the day that they came to us and told us that they were switching us to iPhone's last year when the 4S was released was such a great day, as i could not wait to get rid of my EVO. Not sure if that helps but that's where i stood on the situation.

What didn't you like about the EVO?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD