Are you upgrading to the next iPhone?

Will you upgrade?

• Total voters

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes I am going to upgrade. Probably the only reason I am upgrading is that my iP4 Home button is totally dead. I am having to use a "virtual " Home button for now. I am not worried about all my accessories (cases). I have purposefully NOT bought anything in the last few months just to see what the iP5 looked like. Some of my Otterboxes are getting "long in the tooth" and starting to show their age! :eek: But I have certainly gotten my money worth from them though!

My only real problem is I have 5 iPhones in my house and they are all eligible to upgrade this Christmas! :eek: Although, everyone else's iP4 is still going strong and they are perfectly happy, including Momma,;) So we will see.

scottalg

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
At this juncture based on all rumors to be correct I am going to say no...

Normally I always upgrade, and if not for the body and charging port change I would have upgraded.

The current iPhone 4S works perfectly for me 99% of the time, I have no real issues or complaints. I am beta testing iOS 6 (beta 3) and for the most part the changes I was hoping for are in the iOS and not the phone. iPhone 4S will run almost everything the same with the new iOS 6.0 full release.

The new iPhone (5) for lack of a final name, is not that different. OK, we have a few chip changes, faster, more memory, more storage and the Near Field stuff... all cool, but I can live w/o the Near Field for now, not sure if I would be using it anyway.

The killer for me, is the body change and the port change.

I have a LOT invested in cases, docks, charging cables, belt clips, Otter Box, etc.. to be tossing it all away to start over for changes that are not that huge.

So for me, unless I am missing something HUGE I can't justify the upgrade even though my GEEK status almost demands that I make the upgrade.

Only thing at this point that may change my mind is if my wife decides does does want my iPhone 4S I may do the 5 upgrade, or just get her a 4S when everyone dumps theirs to get the iPhoine 5.

So for now... Nope.. (sad to say)
I will be once my upgrade is available...not for awhile, so I get to see just how much the 5 has to offer. I'm OK with the need for an "adapter" to use my existing large port and my iPad2 can still use them until the iPad changes its port format...so I get to sit back and remain 99% happy with my jailbroken 4S and see what the 5 brings to the party.

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting "The New iPhone" errr..iphone 5 what ever they call it. I have had the 4 since it was first released and it time for it to be put out to pasture. The feature I am most looking forward to in the new iPhone is the face time over 3g and Siri with Voice directions on maps. I would have used Face time a lot more had it always been on 3g.

My otter box case is all but destroyed it did its job well and took its licks.
I'm looking at Life proof cases for the next iPhone only thing that has me kinda concerned is the limited number of times you can open before the gasket breaks.I may just put a screen protector on it and leave it nude since its supposed to have a tougher liquid metal backing and frame.

Dienaldy_k

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
i was going to upgrade to IPhone4S this month as a birthday present, but After i read about Iphone 5 on 21 september, I get confused.. should i wait or Picking Iphone4S for now..
But of Course i will upgrade to the latest Device Created by Apple..

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got my first iphone (4s) in June. Not liking what I'm hearing about i5, so no thanks, will keep my 4s. Plenty happy with it too.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Duh - of course I'm upgrading... have to. :p

Might actually be time to sell my 4S now before they tank... Can use my GNex in the meantime... although I'd like to see that pos too ;) lol

Can't wait for the iphone 5!!! I will be awesome!!!

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Will definitely get an iPhone (6th gen). I'm going to pre-order it the moment it becomes available.
(And will keep the ancient iPhone 4 for backward compatibility testing...)

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I went from the 4S to a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon and sold it to get a 4 to hold me over until the new iPhone comes out. I miss Siri and can't wait to get the new one!!!

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 4s at launch and then went all in with an ipad 2 and my macbook pro 13. I like having all my devices from the same time and matching so to speak. I havnt seen anything really compelling to must have in the new iphone and honestly the 4s is working so damn well its fast, great camera, long battery life I just cant see any reason to upgrade even with selling the 4s for 3/4 the cost. If the new phone comes out and isnt what all these leaked images are saying it to be I may reconsider but unless it comes out in some super high spec materials that are waterproof, drop proof and means I dont need to buy any more cases I think I will just sit this one out and wait till the next new one is released!

But if the 7" ipad is real I will be buying it 100% for sure the day it is released then my pathetic 1 half working gps app and one hacked junk google maps android sideload playbook will be removed and I will be back to all apple, well except for my quickbooks on my old windows 7 pc seeing as intuit refuses to bring the mac version to canada....

Last edited:

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I probably will at some point. Since I just got my 4s in April, I have some time to my next upgrade. To be honest though I'm content with my 4s for now especially since I just jailbroke it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. For the first time since leaving BlackBerry, I am completely happy with my 4s and will keep it as long as it continues to work. At least now, I don't need to upgrade every chance I get because my phone was being held together with spit and kite string.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible for my upgrade next week I think but I'll be holding out until sometime after the folks around her get their hands on it and put it through it's paces.

OR

I'll be picking it up as soon as I can after release. Whichever comes first. :D

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I definitely will be upgrading to it *sometime*.... depends if I have the funds to buy it retail when it drops or when I save up the money more to do so, whichever comes first.

But definitely yes. My 4 is becomming slow in the tooth lately. :(