smoke and mirrors

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm willing to bet at this point that all the talk of the same screen size and other talk is all smoke and mirrors talk sent by Apple to keep us off the mark. Think about it isn't it easier to send false info about your product, I still believe although I can be wrong that we will get at least a 4 inch screen with the next iPhone. Everyone wants to know what it's capabilities will be including their competitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not really no. Like the article on the front page said, as it stands now its the same size but it is possible Apple may go slightly bigger. And not 4.6 inches.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I personally think they will surprise us with a 4' screen, at the absolute max.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
4.6 inches is out for sure but I believe a 4 inch screen is definetly in the cards especially now with the iPad running a lower resolution retina. my reason is soon all apps will be retina quality and the resolution game will be equal across both platforms so slightly increasing the phones screen size won't induce fragmentation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
How many insiders and people with knowledge have been WRONG. Way too many, so from my view point the article was an opinion piece and not a definitive word from Apple. We won't actually know anything until the launch day for sure.

gzigoris

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
At the moment I am using the Android OS but upgrading to the new iPhone as soon as Verizon gets it. As far as the size of the phone goes I think it will depend on the size of components on the inside. Radio size, Camera, Sound system All the different things that make up a phone. Why go bigger if there isn't a need. With all the extra features of the new phone though it will have to be bigger than the present Iphone 4s.

Just my opinion;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
How many insiders and people with knowledge have been WRONG. Way too many, so from my view point the article was an opinion piece and not a definitive word from Apple. We won't actually know anything until the launch day for sure.

Hmmm maybe you don't read these forums or the front page enough lately...

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I remember this same argument last year for the iPhone 4s. To bad only apple knows an noone here has a clue

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I remember this same argument last year for the iPhone 4s. To bad only apple knows an noone here has a clue

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Perhaps you missed me saying exactly what the device was to the tee months in advance even throwing out it would be here in October.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Give him time, he'll soon know the ways of the Sikora. :p

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

I find it very amusing that people think that nobody in the world knows certain individuals that know exactly what is going on in the "world". I must be a very lucky guesser...

Reactions: AJ_Watson

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm maybe you don't read these forums or the front page enough lately...

Actually I read this site many, many times a day. I may not log in but I do read it quite often. If the phone is the same size it will sell very well, if the screen gets a bump it will sell very well.

I don't know, you might be lucky. Can you tell me the Mega Millions numbers to play this week?

At any rate the next phone means little to me unless the screen has a bump in size otherwise I will very likely wait it out.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have no doubt of that, and confirms the lemmings mentality so many toss around. Apple has a cash register for a name. Whether that is good or bad is up to each persons individual opinion. Myself personally I expect to see improvement and innovation or else my money isn't going to be spent.

Yes someone else will take my place but that is ALSO true about the Android OS and other devices. Say what you want each OS has its positives and negatives and since I have used PalmOS, WebOS, iOS, PPC, Windows Phone, BlackBerry and Android I can say each is good and bad. Just depends on what you want.

The ecosystem is the biggest draw for Apple but its not enough push an upgrade unless the next phone simple blows me away. Catching up with LTE is simply NOT enough.

At any rate I hope for the next generation device to blow our doors off given the lack of a big innovation that Apple is well known for.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Actually I read this site many, many times a day. I may not log in but I do read it quite often. If the phone is the same size it will sell very well, if the screen gets a bump it will sell very well.

I don't know, you might be lucky. Can you tell me the Mega Millions numbers to play this week?

At any rate the next phone means little to me unless the screen has a bump in size otherwise I will very likely wait it out.

If the winning numbers came out of Cupertino there is a good chance I could help you out. Until then, you are on your own. :(

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate it, off to get some Mega Millions tickets tomorrow. Hopefully I win and I can offer my friends and family iPhone 4S's all around.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't care if they make the screen bigger or not. It doesn't matter. Nobody cares.

The only thing that matters is speed and battery power. iOS is laggy and the battery should be lasting for a couple of days already by now.

Come on now, it's 2012!

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't care if they make the screen bigger or not. It doesn't matter. Nobody cares.

The only thing that matters is speed and battery power. iOS is laggy and the battery should be lasting for a couple of days already by now.

Come on now, it's 2012!

Actually quite a few people care.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree, people do care if the screen gets an increase in size or not. Its a big deciding factor in whether or not I upgrade in the fall or wait another year.

Wanting a bigger screen has nothing to do with which OS you want, and wanting a 4" screen shouldn't mean you HAVE to go with Android or WP7 or something else. Apple can design an iPhone with minimal size change an achieve a 4" screen.

People will buy the next iPhone regardless of screen size, and some may not buy it if it doesn't go up in size. Yes others will take their spot but it is still a lost sale. LTE is not enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2