Which carrier?

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Presuming AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint end up getting the LTE iPhone, which one would you be willing to sign a two-year contract with? There was talk today that Sprint's network wouldn't be able to handle an LTE iPhone, and seeing as they haven't even launched their LTE network yet, I worry that it wouldn't be reasonably matured in time for a new iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
AT&T all the way, baby. I've been with them for about 12 years now, so I've had all flavors of AT&T and love them. Great coverage where we live, work and play... why would I go anywhere else?

I have a 5-line family plan with 4 iPhones and a cheap old Samsung flip phone (my mother-in-law)... so besides being VERY happy with AT&T, I could not afford to go anywhere else...

That said, I doubt that Sprint will be ready with their LTE before the new iPhone is launched... which would probably mean NO iPhone '5' for Sprint, IMHO.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
More than likely, I'll use Verizon's LTE network. Still, I have iPhones on both AT&T and Verizon so I can go either way.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon FTW I get service almost everywhere and they have the most 4g lte and it's growing at a decent pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
If AT&T has LTE in my area by then, I'll stick with AT&T. If not, I'm not really sure. It'll be a hard decision, actually. I have Verizon on my LTE iPad, so depending on if I'm happy with that choice will depend on what I decide for my iPhone.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
AT&T because falling back on GSM is better option than falling to CDMA (no surf&talk). Let's not forget it will take a while before we see an LTE Chip sporting voice and data. Once LTE becomes standard then all bets are off, till then it's ma' Bell for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'll 100% stick with AT&T. Like others have said, I've had AT&T for about 7 years now (I think) and really haven't had any major issues with them. Their customer service was always helpful for the handful of times I had to call and the service is generally near perfect in my area.

4G is slowly rolling into my surrounding areas, but that's not a big concern of mine.

AT&T because falling back on GSM is better option than falling to CDMA (no surf&talk). Let's not forget it will take a while before we see an LTE Chip sporting voice and data. Once LTE becomes standard then all bets are off, till then it's ma' Bell for me.

I'm with you on this one. I surf and talk ALL the time... including a heavy dependence on checking email while on my phone. For someone like myself, it's a deal breaker for me.

bailman

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why they won't be able to talk and surf on VZW, I can Do that with my HTC thunderbolt. I don't Do it often, but the option is nice when needed. I am looking forward to the lte iPhone, that is when I will make the transition.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have At&t for 4S now and Vzn for iPad LTE. I do have LTE for Vzn where I live but LTE is just more widespread for Vzn. By next fall, At&t's LTE map should be much broader. Plus At&t lets me upgrade every 12 months. I bet I keep my iPhones with At&t next fall.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Presuming AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint end up getting the LTE iPhone, which one would you be willing to sign a two-year contract with? There was talk today that Sprint's network wouldn't be able to handle an LTE iPhone, and seeing as they haven't even launched their LTE network yet, I worry that it wouldn't be reasonably matured in time for a new iPhone.

AT&T for life.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure why they won't be able to talk and surf on VZW, I can Do that with my HTC thunderbolt. I don't Do it often, but the option is nice when needed. I am looking forward to the lte iPhone, that is when I will make the transition.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It's interesting to note that VZW knows that simultaneous voice and data with the thunderbolt results in incredibly slow speeds http://phandroid.com/2011/01/26/simultaneous-voice-and-data-over-3g-confirmed-for-htc-thunderbolt/ so I'm curious to know what kind of performance you're getting.
I did read somewhere that VZW will launch VoLTE soon and that would allow both voice/data simultaneously and maybe hope for an LTE iPhone 5.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried Verizon's LTE service in my area a few months ago and even though I had a full LTE signal all I got was 12Mbps down and about 4Mbps up. I will probably stick with AT&T as those are almost the speeds that I am getting now on AT&T's HSPA+ network. Their LTE network should be 5 times faster.

Sent from my LTE iPad using Tapatalk HD.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I pulled this down on AT&T this evening while in traffic.
6ce68422-8930-cfcf.jpg

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
AT&T its a no brainier if available. Why? Surf and talk plus hspa+ fallback. Verizon? No surf and talk and 3G fallback.

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting to note that VZW knows that simultaneous voice and data with the thunderbolt results in incredibly slow speeds Simultaneous Voice and Data over 3G Confirmed for HTC Thunderbolt so I'm curious to know what kind of performance you're getting.
I did read somewhere that VZW will launch VoLTE soon and that would allow both voice/data simultaneously and maybe hope for an LTE iPhone 5.

The incredibly slow speeds only apply when on 3G and not 4G. The slow speeds should read more like "nonexistent" since the 3G can't transmit data while on a call. LTE, on the other hand, works just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2