Presuming AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint end up getting the LTE iPhone, which one would you be willing to sign a two-year contract with? There was talk today that Sprint's network wouldn't be able to handle an LTE iPhone, and seeing as they haven't even launched their LTE network yet, I worry that it wouldn't be reasonably matured in time for a new iPhone.
    03-20-2012 05:15 PM
    AT&T all the way, baby. I've been with them for about 12 years now, so I've had all flavors of AT&T and love them. Great coverage where we live, work and play... why would I go anywhere else?

I have a 5-line family plan with 4 iPhones and a cheap old Samsung flip phone (my mother-in-law)... so besides being VERY happy with AT&T, I could not afford to go anywhere else...

That said, I doubt that Sprint will be ready with their LTE before the new iPhone is launched... which would probably mean NO iPhone '5' for Sprint, IMHO.
    03-20-2012 05:20 PM
    More than likely, I'll use Verizon's LTE network. Still, I have iPhones on both AT&T and Verizon so I can go either way.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    03-20-2012 05:39 PM
    Verizon FTW I get service almost everywhere and they have the most 4g lte and it's growing at a decent pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-20-2012 05:51 PM
    If AT&T has LTE in my area by then, I'll stick with AT&T. If not, I'm not really sure. It'll be a hard decision, actually. I have Verizon on my LTE iPad, so depending on if I'm happy with that choice will depend on what I decide for my iPhone.
    03-20-2012 05:59 PM
    sticking with Verizon for an LTE iPhone!
    03-20-2012 06:16 PM
    AT&T because falling back on GSM is better option than falling to CDMA (no surf&talk). Let's not forget it will take a while before we see an LTE Chip sporting voice and data. Once LTE becomes standard then all bets are off, till then it's ma' Bell for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-20-2012 06:32 PM
    Verizon as I can't beat the service for my area.
    03-20-2012 06:35 PM
    I'll 100% stick with AT&T. Like others have said, I've had AT&T for about 7 years now (I think) and really haven't had any major issues with them. Their customer service was always helpful for the handful of times I had to call and the service is generally near perfect in my area.

4G is slowly rolling into my surrounding areas, but that's not a big concern of mine.

AT&T because falling back on GSM is better option than falling to CDMA (no surf&talk). Let's not forget it will take a while before we see an LTE Chip sporting voice and data. Once LTE becomes standard then all bets are off, till then it's ma' Bell for me.
    I'm with you on this one. I surf and talk ALL the time... including a heavy dependence on checking email while on my phone. For someone like myself, it's a deal breaker for me.
    03-21-2012 07:52 AM
    I'm not sure why they won't be able to talk and surf on VZW, I can Do that with my HTC thunderbolt. I don't Do it often, but the option is nice when needed. I am looking forward to the lte iPhone, that is when I will make the transition.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    03-21-2012 11:53 AM
    I have At&t for 4S now and Vzn for iPad LTE. I do have LTE for Vzn where I live but LTE is just more widespread for Vzn. By next fall, At&t's LTE map should be much broader. Plus At&t lets me upgrade every 12 months. I bet I keep my iPhones with At&t next fall.
    03-21-2012 12:04 PM
    Presuming AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint end up getting the LTE iPhone, which one would you be willing to sign a two-year contract with? There was talk today that Sprint's network wouldn't be able to handle an LTE iPhone, and seeing as they haven't even launched their LTE network yet, I worry that it wouldn't be reasonably matured in time for a new iPhone.
    AT&T for life.
    03-21-2012 12:53 PM
    Unless verizon takes away my unlimited data, I'll be sticking with them. If not going to Sprint.
    03-21-2012 01:37 PM
    I'm not sure why they won't be able to talk and surf on VZW, I can Do that with my HTC thunderbolt. I don't Do it often, but the option is nice when needed. I am looking forward to the lte iPhone, that is when I will make the transition.

It's interesting to note that VZW knows that simultaneous voice and data with the thunderbolt results in incredibly slow speeds http://phandroid.com/2011/01/26/simu...c-thunderbolt/ so I'm curious to know what kind of performance you're getting.
    I did read somewhere that VZW will launch VoLTE soon and that would allow both voice/data simultaneously and maybe hope for an LTE iPhone 5.

03-21-2012 02:09 PM
    I've had no issues with my Verizon service so I see no need to switch providers.
    03-21-2012 06:38 PM
    I tried Verizon's LTE service in my area a few months ago and even though I had a full LTE signal all I got was 12Mbps down and about 4Mbps up. I will probably stick with AT&T as those are almost the speeds that I am getting now on AT&T's HSPA+ network. Their LTE network should be 5 times faster.

Sent from my LTE iPad using Tapatalk HD.
    03-21-2012 07:39 PM
    I pulled this down on AT&T this evening while in traffic.

03-21-2012 10:09 PM
    AT&T its a no brainier if available. Why? Surf and talk plus hspa+ fallback. Verizon? No surf and talk and 3G fallback.
    03-21-2012 11:50 PM
    I pulled this down on AT&T this evening while in traffic.
    Click to view quoted image

That's an anomaly. You cannot consistently pull down that speed. Even by AT&T own standard its not possible.
    03-22-2012 12:34 PM
    It's interesting to note that VZW knows that simultaneous voice and data with the thunderbolt results in incredibly slow speeds Simultaneous Voice and Data over 3G Confirmed for HTC Thunderbolt so I'm curious to know what kind of performance you're getting.
    I did read somewhere that VZW will launch VoLTE soon and that would allow both voice/data simultaneously and maybe hope for an LTE iPhone 5.

The incredibly slow speeds only apply when on 3G and not 4G. The slow speeds should read more like "nonexistent" since the 3G can't transmit data while on a call. LTE, on the other hand, works just fine.
    04-10-2012 07:10 PM

Your Thunderbolt is a LTE device, that's why.
    04-10-2012 07:16 PM
    Do you people actually know what you are talking about when it comes to Sprint and LTE? Sprint is releasing 2 LTE phones in June. I know LTE is turning on in my area in June, I live in Connecticut. By October, when the new iPhone is released, Sprint's LTE NETWORK will be fine. All you have to do is look at there roadmap. Sprint didn't spend all that money to Apple to not get the newest and greatest. They will get the new iPhone like everyone else with LTE.
    04-11-2012 10:51 AM
    Verizon. AT&T has very limited LTE enabled cities, and I have been looking for a good reason to leave AT&T anyway.
    04-17-2012 11:48 AM
    Verizon all the way!! I will not have ANYTHING to do with AT&T...EVER!
    04-17-2012 12:02 PM
    I don't have LTE in my town yet but what I like about Verizon is the spend a good amount of money on their network. Plus I still have unlimited data so I am not changing.
    04-17-2012 12:54 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD