Is anyone else having problems with everything repeatedly "crashing" in iOS 7.1.2?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues like this...
Open the email app... white screen.. crash to home
Camera...black... crash to home
imessage turned off on its own..
wont get messages/texts

these randomly just break and I have to reboot to make it work again. I have restored too.. doesnt help!?

I am going to get a 6 eventually but wtf?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
re: Is anyone else having problems with everything repeatedly "crashing" in iOS 7.1.2?

Humm, iOS 7.1.2 was very stable for me. Have you recently downloaded a new app or have you given thought to updating to the latest iOS.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
re: Is anyone else having problems with everything repeatedly "crashing" in iOS 7.1.2?

I did update to 8 - it was horribly slow (even after a day or 2) - half the time the KB wouldnt even load in messages (just blank) went back to 7 for now. I have never had issues until this last week. No new apps... no new anything?

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Just to be sure, is your iPhone by any chance jailbroken? You can check that by looking at your home screen and finding any application named Cydia. If you do find that app, there's the culprit. Because I jailbroke my iPhone once and the exact thing happened to my iPhone 5bwhich is happening to yours.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

lol - its not Jailbroken. (and im not sure if someone would not know that and would have to check?)

anyway.. im not the only one. My wifes phone turned the iMessage off yesterday (and i KNOW she didnt do it since she has no clue how) PLUS the person she was texting also turned off on its own. It happened mid convo.

Well, I updated back to iOS 8 just to try (even though I know I cant go back now) - so far... its "ok"

jdoughtry

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like low memory problems might have caused the issue.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

doubtful... I had 5gb free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I didn't have any of the problems you mentioned when I was running iOS 7.1.2 on my iPhone 5. To be honest, I don't know what to tell you except to either go through each and every native & 3rd-party settings or go to Settings - General -Reset and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that helps.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues like this...
Open the email app... white screen.. crash to home
Camera...black... crash to home
imessage turned off on its own..
wont get messages/texts

these randomly just break and I have to reboot to make it work again. I have restored too.. doesnt help!?

I am going to get a 6 eventually but wtf?

Nope. No issues.

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you may have gotten a bad .ipsw file when you reverted to 7.1.2. Something similar happened to me, I reverted and my Music app would freeze and crash every time. For that reason, I went ahead and stayed on 8.0. 8.1 seems better than the initial 8.0.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77