iBooks problem on iPad with iOS 9.3.3, anyone else having these problems??

jimpalmer3

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
iBooks problem on iPad with iOS 9.3.3

Since updating to 9.3.3 all I can see in iBooks on my iPad Air 2 are "My Books." The other tabs (Featured, NYTimes, Top Charts, Top Authors, and Purchased) are all blank screens. My "Purchased" tab will sometimes show that I have 2 updates available, but the screen is still blank so I can't tap on anything to update. I also can't search for or purchase any books on the app.

The iBooks app seems to be working fine on my iPhone 6 that is running 9.3.3, so I'm not sure if it's an OS glitch, something that's just an iPad issue, or something going on with my device. I have powered off and rebooted several times and this has not corrected the problem.

Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?

cquick7581

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I also have lists I subscribe to and usually I can tap the link from my email and it pulls up iBooks and let's me download the book but all I get now is my library... Real annoying!

LHayden67

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. My iPad is up to date with 9.3.3,and I have done the hard reset twice. I read elsewhere to make sure I accept cookies by going in to settings, Safari etc, no luck. I'm leaving for vacation and would like to download a new book.

hnethery

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm suddenly having this problem also, and not just with iOS 9.3.3. I purchased a book a few days ago without a problem. Went in to do the same today, and all pages except "My Books" are blank. After reading this forum, I checked my iOS, and it was 9.2.1 (or maybe 9.1.2?). I figured it already wasn't working, so I upgraded to 9.3.3. Still not working (which I kind of expected). This is with an iPad Mini.

jimpalmer3

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: iBooks problem on iPad with iOS 9.3.3

Nothing I did before worked, but suddenly today everything in iBooks seems to working correctly. Not sure if something changed with my iPad (which I really doubt), or if there was a problem with the iBooks system. Either way, I'm glad to having it working again!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Since updating to 9.3.3 all I can see in iBooks on my iPad Air 2 are "My Books." The other tabs (Featured, NYTimes, Top Charts, Top Authors, and Purchased) are all blank screens. My "Purchased" tab will sometimes show that I have 2 updates available, but the screen is still blank so I can't tap on anything to update. I also can't search for or purchase any books on the app.

The iBooks app seems to be working fine on my iPhone 6 that is running 9.3.3, so I'm not sure if it's an OS glitch, something that's just an iPad issue, or something going on with my device. I have powered off and rebooted several times and this has not corrected the problem.

Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?

iBooks would not open for me when I updated to the previous update. Now I have no idea how I resolved that.

Anyway under 9.3.3 iBooks still working fine.

Gear2ndGandalf

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site

An educated guess would be that the server for iBooks was having a problem, or the app itself has a temporary bug that can be killed on reset.

fentonhouse

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
So, I had the same problem and finally figured out a way to fix it.

First, iBooks is a kludge. Does not work at all with audiobooks. There is, however, an Apple app that was designed specifically for large audio files - Podcast.

Hook your iPad up to your computer and move all of your audiobooks to the iPad. They will show up in the 'Audiobooks' folder of your iPad. Go to that folder and you'll see all of your audiobooks. Select all of them then right click on the selected group. You'll get a message asking you if you want to edit all of these files and just click the 'OK' button. As part of the 'Get Info' dialog you'll see the 'Options' button. Click on that tab and look for 'media kind.' It should indicate 'audiobook'. Change it to 'Podcast'. Then click 'OK.' Wait for a bit because the iPad has to munch along on these files.

Go to your iPad and start the 'Podcast' app. You'll se your audiobooks there. So easy a cave man could do it....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73