Help with girlfriends stolen iPhone 4s

Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I don't know too much about iPhones but my girlfriend has had her iPhone 4s stolen. We think we know who it is. The find my iPhone is off and location services are off. We tried to locate it on a map and its no go.

Is there any other ways we can try to locate it. Or if he put his SIM card in it can we track him or can the carrier prove it is him when he puts his SIM card in? Or if he tries to unlock it to another carrier or something? Will we be notified if he tries to wipe the phone?

Anything?

Thanks

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey BUHC!!!!!! These are better questions for the carrier, plus you should report the device stolen to the police. PLEASE PLEASE don't try to confront the thief!

Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey BUHC!!!!!! These are better questions for the carrier, plus you should report the device stolen to the police. PLEASE PLEASE don't try to confront the thief!

Looks like we can't anyway lol. I am going to tell her to call Rogers unless anyone else knows some secrets Rogers might not know?

A dream would have been for it to go down like this:

The Case of the Missing iPad - YouTube

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You should've reported it IMMEDIATELY to the carrier. They could have rendered it a brick, most likely.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well at least let the carrier know so they can put a hold on the IMEI and the serial number. Just in case they try and take it to the carrier store to activate it in their name or something similar.

MY UPDATE: Guess I should have read a bit more first. Congrats but in the future always contact the carrier because of what I said and of course the police. Most people that are homeowners need a police report should they decide to let their home owners insurance get involved.