iTunes updated and don't know where to back-up iPhone :(

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm totally lost here. I just updated the newest version of iTunes and went to backup my iPhone 4s and I'm so confused and lost in there now I have no idea where I am anymore. Can someone please help me and get me to that front page so I can back up my iPhone please? I really would appreciate it and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place like I said I'm lost...lol :confused::confused::confused:

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm hooked up to my computer and I want to back it up thru iTunes and don't understand what you mean.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm totally lost here. I just updated the newest version of iTunes and went to backup my iPhone 4s and I'm so confused and lost in there now I have no idea where I am anymore. Can someone please help me and get me to that front page so I can back up my iPhone please? I really would appreciate it and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place like I said I'm lost...lol :confused::confused::confused:

Hi!

Look at the top right corner of the iTunes window while your phone is plugged in. You should see "iPhone" or "(your name's) iPhone". Click on that button and the window should open up to your phone info.

Hope this helps! :)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1370469080.261876.jpg

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see that either. I'm not sure what happened during its update but I ended up uninstalling everything and cleaning my the puter and reinstalling iTunes completely but I still don't have that up in the right corner. How do I get it up there?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see that either. I'm not sure what happened during its update but I ended up uninstalling everything and cleaning my the puter and reinstalling iTunes completely but I still don't have that up in the right corner. How do I get it up there?

Hmmm. It should be there whenever a device connects to iTunes. Can you take a photo of the iTunes window when your phone is plugged in?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
photo (10).JPG

Ok I think I got it. So very sorry for the crappy pix but its hard to take on my phone when it's hooked to my puter lol. And I only took the upper right corner because that's what was being discussed in the previous post. So...hope this helps:smile:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Try starting over this way:

Disconnect, close out iTunes.

1. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB cable.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left (or top) menu.
4. Make sure the Summary tab at the top of iTunes is selected.
5. Under the Backup section, check the "Back up to this computer" box.
6. Click the Sync button.

Hope this works! :)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe your computer isn't recognizing the iPhone. Is the connection ok? Does the phone show that it's charging when plugged in to the computer?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't know what else it could be. Once you've done the steps above and selected the summary tab, you should be at the right window to back up your phone.

Can you take a picture of the entire iTunes window while your phone is plugged in and you are at the point where your select your device from the menu?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I posted the same question in the iTunes section...and Fausty82 put up these instructions for me...this was after I uninstalled it and cleaned my puter because I don't think it updated correctly. So I followed his directions and I have it on the left side bar but would much rather have it on the top. So hopefully he'll know how I can change that. Now I gotta figure out how to move my pics into their own folder and why I can't delete the pix in the camera roll...tech sure does give me a headache...:sick:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh OK, I thought iTunes wasn't recognizing your phone at all and you had no access.

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about customizing anything Apple or iTunes related, like where buttons are located. The OS you are running on your computer and whether it is a PC/mac, etc., probably dictates how your iTunes displays on your screen.

On your folders thread someone posted that you could upload your photos through iTunes and sort them into individual folders that way but the only way to remove them from your phone after doing so would be to go through your computer. I personally don't upload my photos via iTunes. As a matter of fact, I try to use iTunes as little as possible as I am not a huge fan of the iTunes system, lol. So I am content with having the photos remain in my camera roll with the albums as a shortcut for easy access.

The awesome things we can do with an iPhone totally outweigh the "limitations". ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll