4S Volume Button Repair

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I have replaced volume buttons on my 4S thinking it would fix my issue. The buttons remained stuck with no clicking sound. I had to press down hard to raise or lower the volume. After the repair I'm seeing that my buttons are loose and again I have to press the buttons hard. I opened my phone again and now I'm seeing contact between the ribbon and volume buttons is spaced. What should I do now?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have replaced volume buttons on my 4S thinking it would fix my issue. The buttons remained stuck with no clicking sound. I had to press down hard to raise or lower the volume. After the repair I'm seeing that my buttons are loose and again I have to press the buttons hard. I opened my phone again and now I'm seeing contact between the ribbon and volume buttons is spaced. What should I do now?
If your phone is under warranty I would really recommend to bring it to your nearest Apple store if possible and let them look at it for possible replacement and or proper repair especially if you have AppleCare +. Either way even out of warranty I would still take it to the Apple genius bar.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Where did you buy the parts? knock offs? do they look exactly like the old ones? Can you attach a picture?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, as i mentioned.. Do a comparison if they are junk, then contact them for a refund or a replacement set.. Or have Apple look at it.. the cost might not be that much.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I really hate saying this, but I think the issue is the ribbon inside the phone. I saw the repair online and wow... Literally have to take the whole phone apart..

GulfCoastToad

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I really hate saying this, but I think the issue is the ribbon inside the phone. I saw the repair online and wow... Literally have to take the whole phone apart..

Yes. You should never have bought new buttons in the first place. The ribbon cable is what needs replacing. Where are you located?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77