No dock sound on iOS6

Blackjack3d

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, Nexus 4 owner here in peace. My fiancee has an iPhone 4S and she said she held back on updating it to iOS6 because of the whole apple maps thing (I think it was more down to her not wanting to clear up enough space for the update lol). Anyway, she's updated to the latest now and ever since then she can't play music through a dock. She has two docks and sound output works on neither of them but they still charge and sound can be played through an aux cable. She has an older iPod touch running iOS4 I think and it outputs the sound just dandy, so it isn't a problem with the docks.

I had a look around the internet and couldn't find a problem exactly like this, I did read that people have had problems playing sound over bluetooth and stuff since iOS6 but I couldn't really find a solution.

Just wondering if anyone knew a fix or had a similar problem, iOS isn't something I'm overly familiar with? I know that her boss was complaining about the same thing too and the only commonality I could think of was the iOS6 update.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Won't hold being a Nexus user against you. I would have her try to restore and set up as new, see if that clears up the issue. Don't believe it's a hardware but maybe software related.

Blackjack3d

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks rdiddy, I didn't think it was hardware either. I'll let her know what you said. No doubt she won't want to bother doing a restore though (even though it's a fairly simple procedure?). We'll see if it is a big enough deal :p