Verizon bad ESN

JanDK1206

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I'm from Europe, and my son went recently for holidays to Hongkong. He bought himselve an iPhone 4s. When he arrived home, the box was still sealed. So when he opened, and started first use, we discovered that the phone was SIM locked by Verizon. First shock. So we asked Verizon to unlock the SIM. The answer we got was that the phone had a bad ESN. Second shock. So we digged into the meaning of Bad ESN, and discovered that the phone is either stolen or with an unpaid account. Third shock. As we openend the box as it was a new one, we suppose that this phone has been stolen as completely new.

As we live in Europe, it is clear we are not going to use the phone on a Verizon network. Is there anybody who can give us advise what to do to use the phone on a european operator. Preferably a legal official solution. My son spend his savings of the last year buying this phone (450?) in a phone shop in HongKong, so he was never under the impression that somebody wanted to rip him off.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

JanDK1206

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
There is some services on eBay that make Verizon bad ESN phones good and or clean .. Once that's done you might be able to get them to unlock it

Or check on eBay for Verizon unlocks they might be rare thou

Best solution is if your on 5.1.1 ... Jailbreak it and then use a r sim iii and that will unlock the gsm part of the phone for any gsm carrier