Selling - Questions?

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm selling my iPhone 4S.

This isn't an ad for it, I actually have a question.

I've never sold a Verizon device before. When I got my iPhone 5 earlier today, I set it up and it activated, but my 4S didn't give me any indications that it was deactivated - it still had all its Verizon signal bars and all that. I called my device and it only notified me on my iPhone 5, but it is truly deactivated? I just want to be sure before I send it off to some random stranger because I obviously don't want them turning it on (after I restore it, of course) and seeing that it's already activated to a different account.

Sorry if it's a noob question, but like I said - never sold a CDMA device before.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Erase all settings the bars will go away I did this earlier today mine showed bars and 3G until I cleared the phone to factory

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Darn. Here I thought you were selling a question.

Just plug your 4S into iTunes and restore as new. It's faster than anything else, and will get rid of all your data.

Reactions: anon(3733516)

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Aside from completely wiping and restoring the phone, you have to contact Verizon and make sure the ESN number on the phone is Clean. If it is not, it's bad and cannot be activated again through Verizon. Make sure the ESN is clean and you're good to go.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Aside from completely wiping and restoring the phone, you have to contact Verizon and make sure the ESN number on the phone is Clean. If it is not, it's bad and cannot be activated again through Verizon. Make sure the ESN is clean and you're good to go.

If its off your own account and your account is in good standing and you havnt reported it stolen then ESN will be clean

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2