STRATO + iPhone = Problems?

ootoo

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am using the STRATO Communicator with Open-Xchange and started to have problems when editing contacts. I wrote to STRATO and did get a very helpful reply (translated from German):

---------------------
my question:

I am using my STRATO Communicator Account also for synchronizing contacts and e-mails from my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1.1). This doesn't work for the following functions:

- When a new e-mail address is entered on an existing contact, the e-mail address vanishes approx. after 2 seconds again (this does not happen when the address is entered through the STRATO Communicator site).

- When a contact foto is attached to an existing contact, the foto vanishes after approx. 2 seconds again, nonetheless the foto is transfered to the server (and visible in the communicator). However, in parallel the e-mail address vanishes now on the iPhone and the Communicator.

-------------------------
Reply from STRATO (translated from German):

Many thanks for your information on the behaviour of the iPhone 4S. We welcome your suggestion as a possible improvement. I cannot currently state when or if such an improvment is being made, as we are not the manufacturer of the synchronisation software.

-------------------------

Considering the fact the STRATO is making advertisements that their Open-XChange interface should be working with iPhone (s. here STRATO - Neu bei STRATO: Webmailer von Open-Xchange als Kommunikationszentrale in der Cloud), such a reply is quite annoying.

=> iPhone + STRATO = Problems?

Has anybody else made such experiences?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77