OUCH!! Smashed my screen... $200 later.....

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is covered as part of my $30,000 in personal property coverage. I can't imaging a $650 claim impacting my premium very much I think my renters is only $260 a year.

Did you endorse the phone on your policy? Many cases it has to be endorsed and has its own seperate coverage for it to be covered. ;) Also, any claim can cost you a claims free discount if you have that discount now. So yes, it can cost you.

Last edited:

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No one told me about AppleCare when I bought my phone or I would have done that since it's cheaper and no refurbs.

Well I am still keeping the Verizon insurance because it covers loss/theft where as Apple Care + does not.

Also, I am not so sure the phone Apple gave me in the store was new..... it came out of a plastic black box and didnt come with any accessories or anything. Just the phone wrapped in a plastic bag inside the black box......so my guess is that the replacement phone was not actually new.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i got the bestbuy geeksquad protection plan at 14.99 a month with no deductible and unlimited uses...

It's way more expensive than Verizon or AppleCare, but what does that cover? If you smash your phone's screen, do they fix it? If someone steals your phone and you need another one, will they replace it?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Sounds like I made a wise decision to stick with Verizon. They cover lost and stolen phones plus damaged phones. :)

Absolutely you did! Even if you don't end up using it, at least you'll have piece of mind knowing that if it did get lost/stolen you'll get it replaced. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This was my first time EVER damaging a phone......of course it had to happen with this one. :(

Oh well now I have insurance so IF it ever happens again I'm covered.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You could have saved >$100 if you had gotten it repaired by a reputable 3rd party repair company. Sure it'll 'only' cost you $49 the next time you need it repaired, but you would need to cause major damage it 2 more times to get your money's worth, and even then it would be by a slim margin.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2