Missing my iPhone

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s and other than the 20MB file d/l only over wifi, i loved it.

Well here we are 2 weeks after selling it and buying another Android phone, and now i wish I had it back.

I hate making decisions like that only to regret doing it!

So i guess now i can either sell this Nexus and pay full retail for another iphone OR just hold out until this fall for the newest iPhone....... hmmmmmm

I do like the larger screen on this phone though.

Decisions, decisions.

Ok sorry for rambling, im at work and bored.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
For me, I have tried them all. I have tried them all with the exception of the Windows Phone. The iPhone can't be beat in my book.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
its just the best phone out there hands down. i dunno how you left the iphone for an android. everyone these days have iphones ha

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Im kicking myself for making the change but i dont know if it is worth it to buy an iPhone 4S now with a new one coming in a few months.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Im kicking myself for making the change but i dont know if it is worth it to buy an iPhone 4S now with a new one coming in a few months.

I would say do whats best for you financially at the moment. If you miss the iPhone to the point of wanting it right now, I say sell the Android and get your 4S back, however, if you think you can make it till the new one comes out later this year, then wait.

Side Note: Dont feel bad, its taken me 5 years to realize what I've been missing out on the iPhone after years of BlackBerries which I loved and Androids which I use to love but then started to despise.

LOL...

zurch

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
If u don't have an iPhone 4s now get one u won't be disappointed I love it and I've had em all .realtalk

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Im fairly sure i could sell this Nexus for close to what i need for the iPhone 4S......maybe i will toss it on ebay and see what happens!

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i can say I was an avid android user/lover. I sell for sprint and loved talking about and selling the androids. I always said iphones suck and they were terrible. One day i decided to look at the phone with an open mind. About two weeks ago i decided to upgrade to the 4s and keep my photon as a backup. After 4 days i got rid of my photon lol. I am not going back to android. I love this phone. I jailbroke it but took it back b/c it works so well without being jailbroke no need in messing IMO

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same-ish boat. I swapped out my Nexus for my iP4S. I love them both, and I'm forced to sell one of them, as I've got both for sale/trade (it's kind of a "whichever one goes first" thing to force my hand). I honestly think you can't go wrong with either one. I know I'm going to miss the Nexus if I sell it and I know I'm going to miss the iPhone if I sell it. It's a vicious cycle.

You commented in my for sale thread, btw. :)

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
IMO....for those who (like me) switch over from Android and love their iPhone but are having a hard time fully cutting the Android umbilical chord.......jailbreak. I was hesitant, mostly because I just didn't want to ruin what makes the iPhone great(smoothness, dependability), but I finally did it, and I'm so glad. I didn't go nuts changing my phone, but I did get to change a few minor things that were making me miss my Android. I can't say I have experienced any downgrade in performance......and I finally have Android closure. :cool:

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
IMO....for those who (like me) switch over from Android and love their iPhone but are having a hard time fully cutting the Android umbilical chord.......jailbreak. I was hesitant, mostly because I just didn't want to ruin what makes the iPhone great(smoothness, dependability), but I finally did it, and I'm so glad. I didn't go nuts changing my phone, but I did get to change a few minor things that were making me miss my Android. I can't say I have experienced any downgrade in performance......and I finally have Android closure. :cool:

my main issue is the software. The only android that comes from google, which uses samsungs hardware, which is pretty ****ty. Apple has good hardware and the software comes straight from apple. Instead with every other android the software goes from google>samsung(moto, htc etc)>sprint(carrier)>phone. That leaves plenty of room for stuff to get messed up. I also just wanted a phone that will work and i dont have to do battery pulls or force close stuff. I did jailbreak, it was unstable b/c of it and was glitching and stuff(im sure due to me playing with anything and everything i could). I took it back to stock and havent looked back.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and just out of curiosity, what do you miss from iOS/not like about the Nexus?

Well here are the things that I wrote down:

Pro Nexus: screen size, turn by turn navigation, a lot more free apps, widgets, LTE

Pro iPhone: battery life, overall device size, iTunes implementation, endless accessories at any store you go into.

So really they are pretty equal right now..... now if I can hold off for the next iPhone the larger screen and 4G LTE issue should be taken care of so I think the iPhone will win overall for me.

Oh the ONE THING that absolutely turned me off of iPhone, the requirement of having to d/l 20MB or larger files over wifi only.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I missed my iPhone too when I went with Android for a short period of time. I don't know what it is but something about iOS always keeps me coming back.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s and other than the 20MB file d/l only over wifi, i loved it.

Well here we are 2 weeks after selling it and buying another Android phone, and now i wish I had it back.

I hate making decisions like that only to regret doing it!

So i guess now i can either sell this Nexus and pay full retail for another iphone OR just hold out until this fall for the newest iPhone....... hmmmmmm

I do like the larger screen on this phone though.

Decisions, decisions.

Ok sorry for rambling, im at work and bored.

What attracted you to the Nexus vs the iPhone??

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
my main issue is the software. The only android that comes from google, which uses samsungs hardware, which is pretty ****ty. Apple has good hardware and the software comes straight from apple. Instead with every other android the software goes from google>samsung(moto, htc etc)>sprint(carrier)>phone. That leaves plenty of room for stuff to get messed up. I also just wanted a phone that will work and i dont have to do battery pulls or force close stuff. I did jailbreak, it was unstable b/c of it and was glitching and stuff(im sure due to me playing with anything and everything i could). I took it back to stock and havent looked back.

I agree that having Google create the OS and then letting manufacturers mess with it to their liking and then letting carriers put their own garbage on the device is the biggest downfall of Android. How members of the Android community can play this off and say that this isn't "fragmentation" is beyond me. That, to me, by definition is fragmentation.

I will, however, say one thing: ICS is leaps and bounds better than anything Android put out before. As someone who has extensively used a Nexus and a 4S, pure ICS is as close to flawless as I've seen on an Android device. It looks good and is easy to use. Much more so than any other Android out of the box.

You couldn't pay me to use an Android phone with that bloat garbage all over it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2