Anyone regretting their color choice?

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the white iPhone 4 through Sprint on launch day. I recently just traded my friend for his black 4S and I'm thrilled. After having the white one for awhile it was nice, but I'd see the black ones and think they're sharper looking. So now I have a 4S, which I needed more space, and now I have the color I want. Win win.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I chose white. Almost immediately I started to have regrets. I'm not even sure why I picked white, I'm way more of a black clothing person.....that said, after a while I started to feel differently. Now I am glad I have white and would make the same choice again. I still see way more black than white out there.

Troy the Creator

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
i have a black 4. now i see how good the white looks and i kind of regret getting a black one. white doesnt show fingerprints as much, if at all.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a black iPhone and when I got it (back in January of last year) it was the only one available. Now whenever I go to the Apple Store and see the white iPhones on display I keep wanting one. I think my next one will be white. :D I think the iPhone 4/4S in white is a really beautiful piece of equipment--the white and the silver really complement each other, IMO, more so than with the black phone. Plus I think the white one looks more "minimalist"...how it's all white/silver/pale in color except for the four black spots: the front camera, speaker, proximity sensor, and the rear camera. I like how those things "pop" against the white.

USOApps

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
As for me I always prefer black colour! Somethimes I notice that white or silver looks more cute...
But I am thinking about only a couple of mins)))

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
My husband chose black, myself and our 2 daughters chose white. BUT I can tell you when I go to the 2 malls around here by us, I do see a lot more men sporting the white iPhone, usually matching with their gfs/wifes iphone, more than I see the black one:)

I LOVE the white one so I can dress it up in pink, purple and teal cases for it:D I don't regret my decision one bit--I can say one thing really wish I did was get a 32 or 64g instead of a 16g. Next time around, that's what i'll be moving up to, but still white for my color choice:)

Funny, my wife got black and I got white - I'm so glad I got white, got a white Otter Box Defender too for those days at work when I have to go climb on equipment, she loves her black one and wouldn't trade either.

I have noticed that since buying these she has started wearing combat boots and spitting outside everywhere and I have this incredible urge to watch Lifetime :eek: and drink wine spritzers:confused:

Last edited:

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got my black iPhone 4s yesterday..almost everyone in my family has the white iPhone, so of course I went the opposite way and got black..love it!

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a white 4S on release day, and looking back maybe I should've gone with a black one... only because I think that it looks a little bit sharper, and a lot of people are getting white it seems now. White is really cool don't get me wrong, but seeing all these girls with them especially is sort of getting me riled up... Obviously i'm being picky, but is there anyone else who feels the same?

Nope. Black is the only option. If they had only offered white i'd likely have bought different phone. I got a black ipod, i got a silver nano (for excercising only), i was only ever gonna get a black one. My tv is black my components are black. When my xbox 360 warranty ran out i took the case off and painted it black. I got a black guitar, my amp is black, i had a black car but for 13 years. I sold it and got silver cause it doesn't show dirt as easily and i have to park outdoors. Oh and I'm black. I liked black and it was always only gonna be black.

to quote Too Short:

"Black is my color. I have no other. Nothing else will do
I've got a black car, black bed, black TV
I've even got a silk black suit" Too Short - Pimpology​

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I like black much better. Screen protecters get dirty very fast with white and you notice it on the edges. Black is a lot cleaner looking too.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If anything, I'm regretting my size choice... Definitely wish I got 32 instead of 16, but I have almost 10 gigs free with over 90 apps (with 3 games over 300MB) so I can't really complain that much. But to actually contribute to the topic, I don't regret my color choice at all... not really into white at all.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a white 4S on release day, and looking back maybe I should've gone with a black one... only because I think that it looks a little bit sharper, and a lot of people are getting white it seems now. White is really cool don't get me wrong, but seeing all these girls with them especially is sort of getting me riled up... Obviously i'm being picky, but is there anyone else who feels the same?

Girly man!!

Lol jk I am a dude with a white 4S. So what, who cares if ladies have white ones. I've seen plenty of ladies with black as well. :)

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I got a white 32 because I've never had a white one before. Figured I'd try it out. I actually like the black better. Think it looks more sleek. My wife has a white 32 as well, and her's actually looks whiter than mine too, which is a little disappointing too. I'm going back to black next time around.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Girly man!!

Lol jk I am a dude with a white 4S. So what, who cares if ladies have white ones. I've seen plenty of ladies with black as well. :)

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

In and of itself, there is nothing wrong with having a white iPhone, however, to some of us, the white iPhone appears feminine and most of the people that *I* see carrying white iPhones are females. Still, the few guys that I've seen sporting a white iPhone seemed unaffected and content with it and more power to 'em. I, on the other hand, prefer the manly black iPhone. ;)

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have white and I love it. I've always wanted a white phone and the 4S was my first white phone. My husband has black. My 3GS was black (I don't think it was available in white at the time) and my Torch 9800 was black. So happy to have a white iPhone. :)

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
What's really ironic about all these comments that the white would make the owner look gay or feminine...every single one of my gay male friends (8 in total) have a black iPhone. Including the more, shall we say, flamboyant of them.

I personally never understood how a phone colour reflected on the sexual preference or identity of the owner ...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Agreed! My friend who is gay has the black iPhone4S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2