Problems Installing Apps thru App Store- Please Help

SSN_2012

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I have an Iphone 4S 16 GB. I am unable to Install apps from the Appstore directly from the phone thru wi-fi. When I select an application to download thru my wi-fi connection the free/purchase/install button is not displayed at all in the Info page. However I am able to sync/install the apps when I connect the phone to Itunes on my laptop. My ipod touch works perfectly fine over the same connection. I alreeady did a factory reset but to no avail. Could it be a problem with my settings? Could anyone please give me a solution to the issue? Thanks in advance.

SSN_2012

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have entered my itunes information in the phone.
The Install button doesn't appear at all.
Also in the phone the Settings>Store> Automatic Downloads option automatically resets to Off in a couple of seconds when I try to change it.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Even tho you did a factory reset, I'd redownload and restore as new and keep as new device at first to see if you still have the issue, if you do it's definitely the device

Reactions: SSN_2012

SSN_2012

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I just did a Factory restore again and set it up as a new phone. And Voila!!! The Install option and the restriction menu are available now :). Thank you everyone for your invaluable help.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Strangely there is no Restrictions options in my Settings> General Menu. I am totally baffled.
that is strange !!
I just did a Factory restore again and set it up as a new phone. And Voila!!! The Install option and the restriction menu are available now :). Thank you everyone for your invaluable help.

Glad you got this resolved with Cleve's advice on the restore:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77