VZW - Voice and data - which takes precedence?

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I know those of you who have had iPhones forever tire of us newbies, but bear with me. I just put down a Motorola flip phone.

I'm on Verizon and can't understand why when I'm surfing the net, my phone doesn't ring - it tries to send the caller straight to voicemail. From what I've been reading, Verizon doesn't support data and voice and voice takes precedence. It seems mine is behaving in the opposite manner. I've looked at all the settings and can't figure it out!

Help......please.....

Thanks,
Chris H.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I know those of you who have had iPhones forever tire of us newbies, but bear with me. I just put down a Motorola flip phone.

I'm on Verizon and can't understand why when I'm surfing the net, my phone doesn't ring - it tries to send the caller straight to voicemail. From what I've been reading, Verizon doesn't support data and voice and voice takes precedence. It seems mine is behaving in the opposite manner. I've looked at all the settings and can't figure it out!

Help......please.....

Thanks,
Chris H.

Well since you're new, I'll forgive you this time. ;) You might want to call Verizon and have them check the call forwarding settings on their end. Might not be set up correctly. Had this issue before where my phone didn't ring whatsoever and went straight to voicemail.

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i'd call VZW. they'll set you straight..

Jayhawk or Wildcat? say it, right naow!!
Ummm.....Jayhawk basketball - Wildcat football. My daughter goes to Wichita State so I don't have a strong Big 12 school. Hope that's okay! ;-)

Thanks for the help by the way! I'll call Verizon tomorrow.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My iphone 4 on Verizon always interrupted my browsing for calls. I haven't come across the scenario on my 4S yet to see if there's any difference (I don't receive a lot of calls).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2