What do you think would make the Iphone 4s the perfect smartphone.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I removed a ringtone by unchecking it (it asked if I wanted to apply changes) and because of that I had to "sync ringtones" by checking the box. Well, since I didn't make any changes to any of the other sections I didn't think I had to check off sync movies, sync tv shows, etc. and everything not checked was removed from the phone. So I had to go back and check the boxes and have everything copied back onto the phone.

Still new to phone sync via iTunes - I am guessing I should always check all boxes except for info since that is handled via iCloud.

then your itunes is messing up because I never have to change any sync settings all I have to do is click sync and anything I changed a ringtone adding music or anything automatically go's only the changes though..

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems like a lot of you need to buy an Android phone and see just how terrible it really is on the other side. Force closes, terrible battery life, an absolute mess of an appstore, screens bigger than your pocket, full phone memory and an empty SD card, 12 steps to delete an app. It's all there, but at least you'll get live wallpapers and widgets :p
You are so wrong. None of that is true on the new androids.

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It seems like a lot of you need to buy an Android phone and see just how terrible it really is on the other side. Force closes, terrible battery life, an absolute mess of an appstore, screens bigger than your pocket, full phone memory and an empty SD card, 12 steps to delete an app. It's all there, but at least you'll get live wallpapers and widgets :p

That is so wrong have you seen android marketplace guess not, I have big boys pockets so bigger screens fit in there perfectly,hardely ever have force closes and SD card is almost full of files that I have and sideloaded apps and roms that are custom ones and battery I get a whole day at work ( that's 13 hours) so don't downgrade something you don't know about and I agree iPhone 4s is an awesome phone but I'm not going to hate on the competition to just make my self feel better about a purchase ( oh and I'm buying the 4s on sprint hopefully next month)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
then your itunes is messing up because I never have to change any sync settings all I have to do is click sync and anything I changed a ringtone adding music or anything automatically go's only the changes though..

Yikes. Do you think removing iTunes and re-installing would remedy this? Thanks.

JustSumDude

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd actually like to see the home button on the iPhone replaced with a "gesture area" a la webOS phones. I just migrated to an iPhone from my old Palm Pre, and that's definitely a hardware feature I miss.

iVic

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there are many things I'm missing from my old android days that I would want added to the iphone. I find that I get along fine without the flashing LED light cause if I'm busy enough to miss the call, text, status update etc, then it kinda is what it is ya know. Besides the LED only flashed for so long anyways ( a minute or two ). Widgets were cool, but I dont miss them that much. Now that the notifications bar has been added, I'm good actually.

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all

Thank you all for your coments. Seem most people miss some of the Blackberry features. Me included.
Please keep it to what you would like and not conversation about other things. Short and Simple PLZ
Maybe jsut maybe we will see some of the other option in the future.:D

billyg900

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd actually like to see the home button on the iPhone replaced with a "gesture area" a la webOS phones. I just migrated to an iPhone from my old Palm Pre, and that's definitely a hardware feature I miss.

yes i miss this as well, was nice to be able to swipe to go back

The home button should be back light just like the pre as well

and a touch stone charger would be nice too.....

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
LED Notification light

Micro-sd storage/Running apps from SD Card (this will never happen)

Ability to delete Stock iOS programs (available after jailbreak?)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Slightly bigger screen, maybe a quick launch button for the camera.

Not a quick launch but if your phone is locked you can double-tap the home button and in the lower right corner, tap the camera button. Beats having to go through entering a password if you want to get a quick shot. :)

CBMem

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
-LED Notification light.
-Customizable sounds and notifications for each account, and Sound Profiles.
-Camera that produces pictures that display in the proper orientation when transferred to PC (seriously, do they test ANYTHING?)
-Ability to add ringtones/songs by drag and drop in Explorer rather than needing iTunes.
-Ability to use regular mp3's or aac's as ringtones.
-Ability to add multiple attachments to emails.
-Setting to allow screen to dim after certain amount of time WITHOUT locking, then lock after another period of time passes. Hate being in a drawn-out text/messenger conversation and having to unlock after every response.
-User replaceable battery.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
a jailbreak...

Ditto. Three weeks ago, I sold jailbroken iphone 4 and was able to buy a 4S from the proceeds. I am going through jailbreak withdrawal.

What would make my 4S perfect is tlert, sbsettings, infinidock, folder enhancer, winterboard themes.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Actual music/media syncing software that doesn't completely suck. iTunes software has to be the biggest POS software i've used in several years. 95% of the problems i have with my iDevices are somehow related to the crappy itunes software (by the way, this includes iTunes Match). And yes... I totally pulled that percentage straight from my a**, but I doubt it's very far from 95%.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd love it if there was an icon on all screens that indicates that you have it in silence mode (speaker with slash through it).

Also, the auto-brightness doesn't seem to make a difference - I expected it to dim the screen when I walk from the outdoors into a movie theatre - maybe I'm missing it - but I don't notice it work at all.

Make the keypad size larger when a call has been initiated. While making the call it's large but after you connect and show the keyboard it's smaller.

Ability to attach a picture when replying to an email - currently you have to go to the picture first then email it.

Same with facebook - after I take a picture, I'd love to be able to upload it to facebook without first having to launch the facebook app.

Enhance the accessibility zoom option - currently a tripple tap zooms it to a preset amount - it would be cool to be able to pinch in and out and allow for more magnification.

When that's all done - give it a bigger screen, make it thinner, unbreakable and unscratchable and sexier - that's all. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77