Yea, it's called Glyphboard. Unfortunately I can't post links yet. Just google Glyphboard and it should be the first result. It will give you instructions on how to install it. There's other symbols too! It's kind of a web app/shortcut. Let me know if it doesnt work for ya.
    Thanks for the info!
    11-28-2011 04:07 PM
    This is how I do it...

-So firstly you create a contact for each of the shortcuts you would like

-Under the URL of the contact you pur the approporaite URL found here

About prefs:root=General&path=About
    Accessibility prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY
    Airplane Mode On prefs:root=AIRPLANE_MODE
    Auto-Lock prefs:root=General&path=AUTOLOCK
    Brightness prefs:root=Brightness
    Bluetooth prefs:root=General&path=Bluetooth
    Date & Time prefs:root=General&path=DATE_AND_TIME
    FaceTime prefs:root=FACETIME
    General prefs:root=General
    Keyboard prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard
    iCloud prefs:root=CASTLE
    iCloud Storage & Backup prefs:root=CASTLE&path=STORAGE_AND_BACKUP
    International prefs:root=General&path=INTERNATIONAL
    Location Services prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES
    Music prefs:root=MUSIC
    Music Equalizer prefs:root=MUSIC&path=EQ
    Music Volume Limit prefs:root=MUSIC&path=VolumeLimit
    Network prefs:root=General&path=Network
    Nike + iPod prefs:root=NIKE_PLUS_IPOD
    Notes prefs:root=NOTES
    Notification prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID
    Phone prefs:root=Phone
    Photos prefs:root=Photos
    Profile prefs:root=General&path=ManagedConfigurationList
    Reset prefs:root=General&path=Reset
    Safari prefs:root=Safari
    Siri prefs:root=General&path=Assistant
    Sounds prefs:root=Sounds
    Software Update prefs:root=General&path=SOFTWARE_UPDATE_LINK
    Store prefs:root=STORE
    Twitter prefs:root=TWITTER
    Usage prefs:root=General&path=USAGE
    VPN prefs:root=General&path=Network/VPN
    Wallpaper prefs:root=Wallpaper
    Wi-Fi prefs:root=WIFI

-Start with "prefs"
    Ex for a short cut for wifi the URL would be "prefs:root=WIFI"

-Then under the icon project you click contacts, click the contact that you would like to have the shortcut for, then it will take you to another screen, click the URL.

-Then go ahead and customize the contact img the way you want and click create.

-THen click add to home screen.

-And voila...its done
    I know this is slightly off topic but I am trying to create icons for bluetooth and wifi so I don't have to drill down through the settings to turn these features on and off. The problem I am having is that when I follow these instructions and then click create it does not work. I get a popup that say "Please enter a valid URL". Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
    11-28-2011 04:07 PM
    I use folders to keep all my apps on the home screen to save having to swipe through pages to get to an app

Sent from my iPhone 4S
    11-28-2011 06:31 PM
    I just did some cleaning. I have 87 apps now and have only two pages on my home screen. I have things organized in folders. It's just a mess to sort everything whenever I download a new app.
    11-28-2011 06:33 PM
    I know this is slightly off topic but I am trying to create icons for bluetooth and wifi so I don't have to drill down through the settings to turn these features on and off. The problem I am having is that when I follow these instructions and then click create it does not work. I get a popup that say "Please enter a valid URL". Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
    I use "IconSettings" for exactly what your looking for. Just google IconSettings for iPhone. Very simple to install and uninstall. No jailbreak required. Creates icons for you. If you notice on my screenshot from earlier, I have a bluetooth icon that takes me straight to the bluetooth ON/OFF toggle. Check it out. Sorry I can't post links yet.
    Last edited by vinwinjsu5; 11-29-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    11-29-2011 02:32 AM
    Ok........I created the icon...but it doesn't make the call just by pressing the icon. When I press the icon it brings up tan other screen where I have to press either call or cancel. Is there a way to get it to actually make the call by just pressing the icon?
    Thanks
    Len
    There is an app in the app store called Touch Icon that I use for one tap calling. You can use a picture of the contact plus it's a free app! Check it out.
    11-29-2011 03:00 AM
    I do organize my stuff into folders and I love a nice clean and organized screen.

I just released the first in a series of Apps that deals with this exactly. I love all of the wallpapers out there, but they are so junky so I decided to make my own that are nice and clean and make looking at my phone a joy.

The home screens have either a phrase or design on the 4th row so that it can either be hidden or displayed depending on the users preferences.

Here it is in the App Store. It is called iWall Words - Holidays and Seasons

[
    How do you rename a folder? Im new to the Iphone4S and still learning all about it. Thanks for any help.
    11-29-2011 11:45 AM
    How do you rename a folder? Im new to the Iphone4S and still learning all about it. Thanks for any help.
    Hold down an icon and then all the icons will start wiggling and open a folder, which ever one you want to rename and instead of being a black, it will have a text box so you can rename it.
    kk612003 likes this.
    11-29-2011 12:20 PM
108 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD