So I just realized..

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I have been moving back and forth from an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy SII for a couple of weeks now. One gesture that I absolutely love is the one where you tap the top of the screen to go to the top of a page. Does anyone else use this? Any other simple gestures that to cant live without? Android lacks this one, and I find it terribly frustrating having to flick to scroll all the way back to the top. What are everyone's favorite gestures?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I also like the tap the clock to get to the top of the page as well. A couple of others I learned within the past 2wks are, while the screen is locked, double tap the home button to use the camera and when your phone is not locked, you can double tap the home button to see what apps you have open and easily choose one to 'tap' into-I like using the home button as a way to flip flop between apps/functions etc. :) and also use that function to hold and wiggle the apps to close them out as well:)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I have been moving back and forth from an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy SII for a couple of weeks now. One gesture that I absolutely love is the one where you tap the top of the screen to go to the top of a page. Does anyone else use this? Any other simple gestures that to cant live without? Android lacks this one, and I find it terribly frustrating having to flick to scroll all the way back to the top. What are everyone's favorite gestures?

Cool didn't know that trick thanks lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I love that feature. Used it all the time on my iPod touch. Went to android and hated it didn't have it. Was very happy to have it back when I got my iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool. I played with it after reading your post. Almost threw my wrist out getting it to work. But it's a nice lil feature.

Yeah, That option kind of seems a little gimmiky (spelling?) to me.

it is a neat little feature, but with my luck, i'll 'shake to undo' and my iphone will become air born upon the 'shake' :p

SOOOOO....on that note, i'm not going to use this neat little feature, lol. :)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love these cool little features that I'm pretty sure have been around since at least iOS 3 or before not too sure lol

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love these cool little features that I'm pretty sure have been around since at least iOS 3 or before not too sure lol

Yeah, I think both tap to top and shake are 4.0 or earilier, but there still nice little gems. To me it is this small stuff, that makes the UI so nice

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
the shake to undo feature actually annoys me.. sometimes Just walking with the phone will trigger it and a popup comes up saying "nothing to undo" it can be annoying..

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
the shake to undo feature actually annoys me.. sometimes Just walking with the phone will trigger it and a popup comes up saying "nothing to undo" it can be annoying..

That has popped up on me before, but I just always assumed that I pushed some button. I guess it's true, we learn something new every day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2