iPhone 4S more oleophobic than iPhone 4?

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So after using my iPhone 4S for a while, it seems like it shows a considerably less amount of finger prints and smudges than that of my iPhone 4. I hadnt really noticed it until now, but I'm findin myself wiping the screen off far less often than my iPhone 4. Did anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So after using my iPhone 4S for a while, it seems like it shows considerably less finger prints and smudges than that of my iPhone 4. I hadnt really noticed it until now, but I'm findin myself wiping the screen off far less than my iPhone 4. Did anyone else notice this?

seems the same to me...

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I never had the iPhone4 but my 9800 always had the worst finger prints.

I usually give my 4S a good wipe down once a day. I can't stand dirty screens. I also find that I wash my hands more since using an all-touch device to prevent fingerprints.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I never had the iPhone4 but my 9800 always had the worst finger prints.

I usually give my 4S a good wipe down once a day. I can't stand dirty screens. I also find that I wash my hands more since using an all-touch device to prevent fingerprints.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!

agreed. my 9930 was always full of fingerprints. with iphone4s its better and i wash my hands all the time. prefer to have my screen nice and clean.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha. It seems kind of disturbing that we are washing our hands more frequently to ensure that are electronics remain clean. Who gives a damn about our hands, right?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Zagg on my 4S, and had on on my 4.They smudge up pretty good. I dont even remember what it is like to touch the bare screen on the iPhone.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a screen protector on and the finger prints seem to show. I'm getting a Zagg, though, and I hope it won't be so bad on that.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a screen protector on and the finger prints seem to show. I'm getting a Zagg, though, and I hope it won't be so bad on that.

If your iPhone is white the Zagg will yellow around the home button ... Did on my iPad 2 and my white 4 so I'm going to try the Steinheil ultra coat screen protector and see how it does

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

andrewndy

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Certainly i've seen one or two screen protecters that are more designed to prevent smudges. Haven't tested it myself, can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells them

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I instantly noticed that my 4S was much slicker and less of a fingerprint magnet than my 4. I just assumes that it was because I washed my 4 with rubbing alcohol far too much and wiped some of the coating away?

Anyhow, I am much less anal with my 4S (No case, wipe it down without alcohol as often)...

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Certainly i've seen one or two screen protecters that are more designed to prevent smudges. Haven't tested it myself, can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells them

I have one of those and it does not work. They all smudge. You just have to live with it.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So after using my iPhone 4S for a while, it seems like it shows considerably less finger prints and smudges than that of my iPhone 4. I hadnt really noticed it until now, but I'm findin myself wiping the screen off far less than my iPhone 4. Did anyone else notice this?

I don't see any noticeable difference.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If your iPhone is white the Zagg will yellow around the home button ... Did on my iPad 2 and my white 4 so I'm going to try the Steinheil ultra coat screen protector and see how it does

:)thx for this Cleveland-at some point i was considering putting a Zagg on my white 4S, as i've had them in the past(on my bb) and they are great. But if they 'yellow' up, that will NOT be attractive on a pure crisp white phone.....

As for fingerprints, i'm ALWAYS cleaning my screen off. period. i have a clear screen protector that VzW applied for me as soon as my 4S was activated. I always have access to either alcohol pad wipes(in my bag) or antibacterial wipes i keep in my car.

So in additional to cleaning my hands when leaving a store, etc., i clean my screen as well:)
(yes im OCD with it, lol)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
:)thx for this Cleveland-at some point i was considering putting a Zagg on my white 4S, as i've had them in the past(on my bb) and they are great. But if they 'yellow' up, that will NOT be attractive on a pure crisp white phone.....

As for fingerprints, i'm ALWAYS cleaning my screen off. period. i have a clear screen protector that VzW applied for me as soon as my 4S was activated. I always have access to either alcohol pad wipes(in my bag) or antibacterial wipes i keep in my car.

So in additional to cleaning my hands when leaving a store, etc., i clean my screen as well:)
(yes im OCD with it, lol)

One of the reasons I broke down and went from the otterbox commuter to the defender BUT I think I am going to protect the screen with a Steinheil ultra coat and take the factory protector out ... Idk yet lol

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I instantly noticed that my 4S was much slicker and less of a fingerprint magnet than my 4. I just assumes that it was because I washed my 4 with rubbing alcohol far too much and wiped some of the coating away?

Anyhow, I am much less anal with my 4S (No case, wipe it down without alcohol as often)...

Jeez. Why are you rubbing it down with alcohol??

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Zagg is horrible and will create an orange peel effect. Ghost Armor is much better for your iPhone as it repels more grease and has proximity sensor cut out, where Zagg doesn't and that can mess with your light sensors and screen brightness. It stays smooth and won't wrinkle like up like Zagg.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons I broke down and went from the otterbox commuter to the defender BUT I think I am going to protect the screen with a Steinheil ultra coat and take the factory protector out ... Idk yet lol

Cleveland, if and when you do decide to go with the SU, would ya mind givin me a holla and just LMK what your impressions are on it? If ya could TIA:)

Btw, my nephew has the OB defender on his iPhone, and I saw it for the first time last night, I think my eyes rolled outa my head at how bulky the iPhone becomes lol. I was like :eek: holy ****e !! Lol But his field of work, he needs it, as I could understand the people that use it do as well. It just wouldn't be for me:)

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Zagg is horrible and will create an orange peel effect. Ghost Armor is much better for your iPhone as it repels more grease and has proximity sensor cut out, where Zagg doesn't and that can mess with your light sensors and screen brightness. It stays smooth and won't wrinkle like up like Zagg.

Tried a Zagg once. Hated it. I roll without a screen protector, and about 90% of the time without a case. I only use a case if I'm at work or rock climbing, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2