Why to buy iTunes Match?

This.
    11-19-2011 03:21 PM
    No I don't see the point.
    11-19-2011 04:25 PM
    is there an option not to sync them?
    Nope, the only control you have with Match is turning it on and off. No way to tell it want you want Matched... which is a feature Match sorely needs.
    11-20-2011 02:58 PM
    I still have to disagree. Google music was horrid, when I tried it.

As a music freak, what I want to listen to may change, at any time, so I like having it all available, from everywhere and anywhere.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    Google music is no longer in beta and it's free I use it over 3G and wifi...you can have up to 20,000 songs. I love google music!

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 03:08 PM
    Google music is no longer in beta and it's free I use it over 3G and wifi...you can have up to 20,000 songs. I love google music!

Yes, I know that. I tried it again, thinking maybe it had improved with the public release, but it hasn't.
    11-20-2011 03:45 PM
    Yes, I know that. I tried it again, thinking maybe it had improved with the public release, but it hasn't.
    Oh...I guess I should have read a few pages back

11-20-2011 03:46 PM
    Oh...I guess I should have read a few pages back

No problem! :-)
    11-20-2011 03:48 PM
    Can you access your Match music from any computer? Say one that doesn't have iTunes installed.
    11-20-2011 05:33 PM
    Can you access your Match music from any computer? Say one that doesn't have iTunes installed.
    No, because the only way to access it is iTunes on a computer.
    11-20-2011 05:38 PM
    Thanks. I guess I'm failing to see how your music would be more accessible "everywhere and anywhere" using Match than it would be with GMusic. You can access your GMusic from iOS, Android, Windows Phones, Macs, PCs, pretty much anything with a browser. Seems like you can only access your Match music on an iOS device or computer with iTunes. Maybe I'm missing something.
    11-20-2011 05:48 PM
    kind of another reason I pick google music.. I can access google music from any browser
    11-20-2011 05:49 PM
    Thanks. I guess I'm failing to see how your music would be more accessible "everywhere and anywhere" using Match than it would be with GMusic. You can access your GMusic from iOS, Android, Windows Phones, Macs, PCs, pretty much anything with a browser. Seems like you can only access your Match music on an iOS device or computer with iTunes. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Ummm...I've been answering people's questions, but I haven't tried to tell anyone that either one is better for them and their needs. Everyone has to decide that for themselves.

I was severely disappointed in Google Music and will not be using it.

On top of that, I'm using the 4S, an iPad 2 and a Mac, so I'm not worried about accessing it from anything else.

My $25, my happiness, my choice! It's not like I'm whining about the money and it came out of my own pocket, I'm a little to old to have anyone else paying for my toys!
    11-20-2011 06:01 PM
    I think that might of come off wrong. As someone who is considering buying Match, I was only trying to understand what you were seeing with your music being more accessible using Match than GMusic. I'm looking for reasons to try it, just can't seem to find any. Guess that means I should stick with the G.
    11-20-2011 06:15 PM
    I think that might of come off wrong. As someone who is considering buying Match, I was only trying to understand what you were seeing with your music being more accessible using Match than GMusic. I'm looking for reasons to try it, just can't seem to find any. Guess that means I should stick with the G.
    I had a ton of problems with G music, plus found it very, very slow for uploading my stuff.

And yes, that makes good sense. If you're looking for reasons to use it and pay for it, there probably aren't any for you, at this time. If G music works well for you, then stick with it.
    11-20-2011 07:08 PM
    I purchased it and it's ok nothing serious, sometimes I wonder how I could get my money back, but then again it's only $25 bucks, nothing to serious. What I do like about it is that, all my music is stored in the cloud, just in case my iPhone or Macbook Pro takes a crap, I will always have my music stored - I am hoping thats the case. Other then that I don't use it on my iPhone anymore because I am very, very picking about my album artwork and for some reason it only uploads it on the ones that I have input manually, don't understand why.
    11-20-2011 08:13 PM
    Nope, the only control you have with Match is turning it on and off. No way to tell it want you want Matched... which is a feature Match sorely needs.
    can you let it match and upload then fix tracks after its done and rematch?
    11-21-2011 09:55 AM
    For myself, I just find that to be more better (for me). Kind of like how I liked my iTunes to be my one-stop-shop
    to do all my syncing and people hated that. I just feel like if I purchase iTunes match I'm going to have less
    clutter to worry about. I just enjoy simplicity when it comes to certain things. However I edit and create my
    playlists on my iPhone, I won't have to worry about doing the same on my iPad. And the other way around.
    It's just so simple.

If I owned an Android and only an Android, I'd still use iTunes because I'd never let anything else be my
    music player. Everything else is horrible.
    verwon likes this.
    11-21-2011 12:35 PM
    can you let it match and upload then fix tracks after its done and rematch?
    Yes! You can fix them and update it.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-21-2011 12:53 PM
    iTunes match looks like a waste of money imo

[ ] iPhone 4
    [^ ] iPad
    [ ] T-Mobile G1
    [ ] LG Optimus Slider
    [ ] Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    [ ] HTC Droid Incredible
    [^ ] Tapatalk
    11-21-2011 02:59 PM
    If i had the money to blow on it i would get it, but its certainly not on the top of my priorities right now.
    11-21-2011 03:43 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD