any way to view sync'd contacts on your laptop?

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I wnted to go in and edit my contact list for my iPhone, but do it using my laptop rather than my phone, is there a way to do that?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you back up to iCloud, you can go to icloud.com, and edit on there, and it will update on your phone.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I spent like an hour last night cleaning my contacts out on there. I am on my 3rd and almost 4th iPhone4S and every time it syncs to the new one it duplicates again. Ugh.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Plaxo to keep my contacts correct across multiple PCs and my iPhone. (Plaxo - your address book for life.). I don't use iCloud because it screws up my Outlook mail folders and cannot be installed on my work PC (while the Plaxo for Outlook add-in can be).

With Plaxo, if I update a contact on one machine, it automatically syncs with all of the others.

The PC app also syncs calendars, notes and tasks. It appears that the iPhone app just does contacts, which is unfortunate.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
How is this possible? I sign in. It populates itself. Ever think it's the stupid iCloud and not the person?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
How is this possible? I sign in. It populates itself. Ever think it's the stupid iCloud and not the person?

I have my icloud setup, and it works great! But I have it setup now where there is the only thing my contacts are synced to. I had to have my phone replaced, and they came back perfect. I think it might be how you have it setup to sync.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's set up to sync. That's about all there really is to "set up".

but if you sync thru your itunes as well, it's pulling from itunes, and icloud, and then you end up with double, or triple depending on how it works. i turned off all contact syncing except for icloud, and didn't have any problems. i had the same problem in the begining until i did that.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
^^^ That's what I use- gmail.

I used to use Outlook when I had my BB, but it didn't sync,so when I upgraded to my 4S, I switched everything over to gmail and have never looked back.. I only use Outlook at home for one email account...other than than, it's google calendar and gmail/contacts...

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
^^^ That's what I use- gmail.

I used to use Outlook when I had my BB, but it didn't sync,so when I upgraded to my 4S, I switched everything over to gmail and have never looked back.. I only use Outlook at home for one email account...other than than, it's google calendar and gmail/contacts...

This is exactly what I did.
I sync gmail, calendar, contacts to Google.

I also converted all of my Word & Excel to Google Docs
Then synced my photos to Picasa and music to Google Music.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2