Facebook never stops synching?

jwilt1503

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to the iPhone so please forgive me if this is a newb question.

Every time I open fb it seems to be always synching, never stops. Does this mean it's constantly pulling data?
I attempted a search, but the forum or safari wouldn't let me, not sure which one.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing, some times it just updates and stops, other times it doesn't. I think the app needs work.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just lucky, but mine doesn't constantly update. There are things about it that could definitely be improved

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just kill the app also sometimes my stream gets laggy I kill the app and it don't fix so I force quit all apps and do a hard reboot and it fixes it

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Facebook is better than it was but it still needs a lot of work. The old app I'd the same thing and it wasn't fixed this time around. They normally update once every 20 years or so, so don't hold your breath.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Facebook is better than it was but it still needs a lot of work. The old app I'd the same thing and it wasn't fixed this time around. They normally update once every 20 years or so, so don't hold your breath.

you would think with all the billions of dollars they have they could make a pretty solid application

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
you would think with all the billions of dollars they have they could make a pretty solid application

One would think so, but they are too busy screwing up the Facebook Social Network to pay attention to what may be wrong with the iPhone FB app. Tell you what, it's better than the Android FB App. Still can't add friends or poke anyone on the iPhone FB app.

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
One would think so, but they are too busy screwing up the Facebook Social Network to pay attention to what may be wrong with the iPhone FB app. Tell you what, it's better than the Android FB App. Still can't add friends or poke anyone on the iPhone FB app.

The app release was the one finished in May. The developer gave the impression that nobody was touching the app after he was done with it, meaning it probably was released based off the IOS 4 sdk and not adjusted for IOS 5. In IOS 5 beta many web based apps that refreshed data had crashing issues.

Also people do not realize the facebook app is based off an open source library called three20, that has many issues with ios5, even though some commits for fixing some of the errors have been made on github, it might be a little while before we get some stability. It seems like nobody is pushing forward porting three20 towards IOS 5 atm.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
The app release was the one finished in May. The developer gave the impression that nobody was touching the app after he was done with it, meaning it probably was released based off the IOS 4 sdk and not adjusted for IOS 5. In IOS 5 beta many web based apps that refreshed data had crashing issues.

Also people do not realize the facebook app is based off an open source library called three20, that has many issues with ios5, even though some commits for fixing some of the errors have been made on github, it might be a little while before we get some stability. It seems like nobody is pushing forward porting three20 towards IOS 5 atm.

I don't think thats the issue, as I'm still using iOS 4.3.3 and experiencing the same problems, as well as a picture viewer glitch, where comments are not synching up with the right picture!

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think thats the issue, as I'm still using iOS 4.3.3 and experiencing the same problems, as well as a picture viewer glitch, where comments are not synching up with the right picture!

Was talking with regards to the crashing and stability of the application. Facebook on my iphone just crashes about every other time I open it.

DaveGreengo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

Mine has also done this with regard to the comments not syncing up on the correct picture on my iPhone 4 and 4s since the last few updates of the Facebook app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2