NY has had a hands free law for a few years now. Recently they included any type of input or interaction with an electronic device (gps, ereader, phone) into the law. And people are oblivious. They still swerve around whilst using their revolutionary new devices, and continue talking to whomever while they stand outside of their car explaining what they just hit.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm guilty of it too. I'll talk on the phone while driving. But checking texts is reserved for red lights.
    12-02-2011 07:09 AM
    NY has had a hands free law for a few years now. Recently they included any type of input or interaction with an electronic device (gps, ereader, phone) into the law. And people are oblivious. They still swerve around whilst using their revolutionary new devices, and continue talking to whomever while they stand outside of their car explaining what they just hit.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm guilty of it too. I'll talk on the phone while driving. But checking texts is reserved for red lights.
    I'm the same here in Canada. I will only look at phone at red lights or of I'm on a highway I will use Siri to read it out loud.
    12-02-2011 11:52 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD