iPhone 4s will not turn off! Reboots

skellatorboy

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I slide to power off, a spinning circle shows for about ten seconds and then the phone restarts. I can not get it to stay off. Have tried resetting by hold home and power for 10 seconds and resetting all network settings. Any ideas?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Restore it, if that doesn't work, make an apple store appointment. And be ready to send in the perfectly applied Zagg for a replacement :( Which is what I had to do.

skellatorboy

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Took it to the apple store. They said the dock sensor was red therefore it had been submerged in water. Wtf. I can promise my life on it this phone doesn't have water damage. No other sensors were set off either. Any ideas? Turn the sensor white?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You cant make the sensor white again. What you can do is be honest with the folks at the Apple store and let them know you installed the screen shield, which is a wet install. They might have sympathy for you and replace the phone.

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Why take chances with a wet install, for a screen shield, when you can buy a case? Just curious as to what the difference is.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You have to be careful of the wet installs, invisishield is prob the best screen protector out there, I've installed many invisisheilds on many iPhones and have been EXTEEMELY cautious where the installation spray goes and where it goes when I squeegee it... The dock port had to have been soaked to turn red

skellatorboy

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I was honest with them, told them that the invisible shield install must have set off the sensor. She said "well the sensor is pink and we have to go by what the sensor tells us it will be $199 for a replacement" I can't do that after just buying this phone a few weeks ago. Any thoughts? I'm stuck with this for 2 years :"(

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Give them $199 and sell that one to cover your losses ... Even with the reboots it'll still bring money, otherwise there is not much you can do

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could always try a different Apple store... I had a coworker drop her phone and shatter it, front and back and they replaced it for free.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
sometimes apple employees will give one replacement free try taking it to another employee..

I'm not positive, but I read now they have the AppleCare+ they don't do the free replacements anymore, because you could have bought that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
the problem is if he does the 200 replacement I think they take his old phone in the process.

You know I didn't think about that part, but it's small price to pay for a lesson learned... Not to bash the OP by any means but I've installed enough invisishields to know you'd have to soak the dock port in order to get the strip in there to turn pink/red.... just saying...

skellatorboy

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed Invisible shield on my first iphone,3 of my palm pres, my macbook, my ipad, and my HP Touchpad and never had a problem. I have no idea what set this sensor off! Maybe it was rain? IDK. I feel SOL and can't do $199

mikemloy

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
IPhone 4s will not shut down and reboots

The phone does shut down when plugged in but reboots itself if not.

The battery seems to drain quite quickly

I called Apple support as I have the same problem, the agent took me through a restore but this did not solve the problem. He then advised me to take the phone to an apple store for repair/replacement. I have seen on some forums that this could be a problem caused by the phone getting wet, this is not the case with my phone as both indicators are white.

It appears to be a hardware fault rather than software. I will post an update after I have taken the phone to the store, if things are a little clearer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You always take a gamble with those wet invisishield installs...if you searched online you'd find thousands of people who encountered your same issue, and were told the same thing (because honestly, anyone that dropped their iPhone in the ocean or the toilet or the pool could just go "I just put an invisishield on it! Come on!" and they'd never sell an AppleCare+ plan again).

Just out of curiosity...is there a reason why you want to turn your iPhone completely off (and have it stay off)? Is the phone itself not functioning properly outside of this issue? I mean honestly, i can't remember the last time i turned off my iPhone completely like that...seems your issue is one that could easily be lived with with no problem at all, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234