Location Alarms

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
yes and it works like a charm ( as long as Siri can connect to network).

You can create reminders to pop up when you leave a location or arrive at a location.

scubadown

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you explain how? If I ask Siri to "set alarm when I leave work" she responds back "what time shall I set the "leave work" alarm". Maybe I am asking it wrong?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about how Reminders integrate with Siri, but Reminders use location, as long as the location is in your contacts.

d0ster

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you explain how? If I ask Siri to "set alarm when I leave work" she responds back "what time shall I set the "leave work" alarm". Maybe I am asking it wrong?

The key word is "remind". You should be saying to Siri "Remind me to ___________ when I leave work" and you should be good to go. And what Alli said ;)

Jman1313

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
One thing is you have to have your reminders be iCloud based for location reminders to work. If you have an Exchange account, and you have 'reminders' set on your exchange, you won't be able to get location based reminders to work. Turn them off in Exchange, make sure they are ON in iCloud, and then when you ask Siri, she'll help you out. :)

scubadown

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
One thing is you have to have your reminders be iCloud based for location reminders to work. If you have an Exchange account, and you have 'reminders' set on your exchange, you won't be able to get location based reminders to work. Turn them off in Exchange, make sure they are ON in iCloud, and then when you ask Siri, she'll help you out. :)

I guess I don't understand. I thought the reminder would be local to my phone and not on a Exchange server or iCloud server.