First off, let me say I love this phone!! It's my first iPhone and you guys sure know how to welcome a former crackberry addict. This mercedes phone makes my blackberry look like a 30 year old beater.

My only furstration so far is this: any time I get a text, it sends me an alert (vibrate, tone, pop up on the lock screen) like it's supposed to. However, if I don't answer the phone by opening it and reading the text in less than two minutes, it does all of the above again.

I'm sure there's a way to change this but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
    10-17-2011 09:34 AM
    Settings > Sounds > Reminder Alerts

Hope that helps! Enjoy your new phone!
    10-17-2011 09:39 AM
    So the reminder alert is only used to remind me I haven't responded? That's not used for calendar events or anything like that?
    10-17-2011 09:40 AM
    So the reminder alert is only used to remind me I haven't responded? That's not used for calendar events or anything like that?
    Correct. For calendar reminders thats in the actual calendar app. It gives you the option to have it repeat the appointment.
    10-17-2011 09:43 AM
    Actually you want to go into settings, notifications, messages. Then change how many times you'd like to be alerted.
    Click and Joshua Shorter like this.
    10-17-2011 09:43 AM
    Actually you want to go into settings, notifications, messages. Then change how many times you'd like to be alerted.
    Yea Josh, Jeremy is right. I was looking at the wrong thing. Sorry for the wrong info. :/
    Joshua Shorter likes this.
    10-17-2011 09:46 AM

My only furstration so far is this: any time I get a text, it sends me an alert (vibrate, tone, pop up on the lock screen) like it's supposed to. However, if I don't answer the phone by opening it and reading the text in less than two minutes, it does all of the above again.
    That will be perfect for me. I always receive texts with good intention of returning them "soon as I'm done" with whatever task im working on. Well an hour later when I have completed that task and many more I realize I haven't returned the text.
    Count
    10-17-2011 09:47 AM
    Got it fixed. Thanks, guys!! I would probably leave it on wasn't at work. Since I'm here, I really don't need it looking like I'm getting twice as many texts/emails/words with friends alerts as I really am. It's bad enough as it is.
    10-17-2011 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD