accessing camera from lock screen

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I really think Apple should have an option for the camera button to always be there. It doesn't really hurt the rest of the UI for it to be there... And it'd be much faster to not have to click the home button 3 times (once to wake up, then double-click) to activate the button, then tap the button, etc...

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I like the option without it always being there. Fits well with the minimalistic theme Apple strives for, which I'm a big fan of.

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I really think Apple should have an option for the camera button to always be there. It doesn't really hurt the rest of the UI for it to be there... And it'd be much faster to not have to click the home button 3 times (once to wake up, then double-click) to activate the button, then tap the button, etc...

I completely agree. I don't see much time gained.

It used to be: 1) Swipe to Unlock and 2) click on the Camera icon (if in bottom menu).

Now it's 1) Click Home , 2) Click Home, 3) Click Camera.

What's so much better?

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Then don't use it..

I like it. Very fast access to the camera, since I have an Enterprise lock screen security code that's 6 alpha characters and a pain to type.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I'd love to have the option to have it all the time (jb'ing of course will allow it) but just a heads up that if your screen is off you still only need two clicks. It will wake with the button already there.

Then don't use it..

I like it. Very fast access to the camera, since I have an Enterprise lock screen security code that's 6 alpha characters and a pain to type.

I also don't think it's asking too much?telling people not to use it doesn't help when they obviously WANT to use it as often as possible. And we already are given a lot of other show/hide options for the lock screen. I will use it as is, but wish it had the flexibility other lock screen updates were given.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2