Tethering Data from BB 9930 to iPhone 4S

zmerhi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I will be buying the new iPhone 4S(Unlocked) as soon as it is released. I was wondering if there is a way to tether 3G data from my BB 9930 to the iPhone?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
By tether data do you mean sync contacts? Download pictures? Music? ??

You can use the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync your contacts to your computer, and copy any other files you may have on the BB to you computer - then, you can put that data into folders on your computer where iTunes can in turn put things on your iPhone.

zmerhi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
By tether data do you mean sync contacts? Download pictures? Music? ??

You can use the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync your contacts to your computer, and copy any other files you may have on the BB to you computer - then, you can put that data into folders on your computer where iTunes can in turn put things on your iPhone.

By tethering, I mean using the BB 3G Data on the iPhone.

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
tethering

By tethering, I mean using the BB 3G Data on the iPhone.

tethering means you use the phone as a modem or hotspot.
you can transfer data from blackberry the way the person already told you. us the BB manger and copy bb data to your pc then put it in the Itune folders and trandfer it to the iphone

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess i dont really understand the need for this anyway as you cant have a iPhone with a cell network and not have a data plan.. but the answer is still no you cant as far as I know the blackkberry does not support hot spot and that would be the only way to do it

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to use a blackberry's unlimited data plan to use an iPhone so that it doesn't use any data?

The only real logic i could see in this is if you had a BB as a work phone and wanted to limit your data use to your person phone, which will only be possible if BB ever updates their phones to include a wireless hotspot (which, when i had a 9930, i had heard was "coming"...lol).

Outside of that...i can see no logical reason to ever want to do this outside of pure curiosity.

zmerhi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Exactly!

That's exactly what Im looking into!

Are you trying to use a blackberry's unlimited data plan to use an iPhone so that it doesn't use any data?

The only real logic i could see in this is if you had a BB as a work phone and wanted to limit your data use to your person phone, which will only be possible if BB ever updates their phones to include a wireless hotspot (which, when i had a 9930, i had heard was "coming"...lol).

Outside of that...i can see no logical reason to ever want to do this outside of pure curiosity.

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what Im looking into!

Only two ways I can think of doing that, I do not know your phone specs. So first way is if your BB can become a wifi hotspot.

Second way which is convoluted is to have your BB tether to your pc that has a wireless card attached. Then make an internet sharing off the wireless card in your pc to turn your pc into a wifi hotspot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2