Here's a post from another thread. I also ordered within the first hour. I'm going to assume Verizon will change my order status next week. It's too late to do anything else at this point.
    After reading some forums late last night I decided to call this morning. I was told that the 16GB models allotment was sold out and I would see mine until the 21st. After some more discussion she asked what time I preordered, I told her 6am EST. She then told me that they received an email that any orders before 6PM EST would be fulfilled on the 14th. Not sure how true, but I'll wait and see.
    10-08-2011 12:58 PM
    Then I read that you can not text in landscape with the iPhone, there is no way I can type on that tiny screen in portrait mode.

Then I was surfing on my iPod and I went to NASCAR,COM and got the mobile site, same with Facebook. I wanted to go to the full desktop site, so I Googled "how to set the phone to go to the full site" and found out you have to get a different browser or jailbreak the iPhone.

So I know I am venting, but I think I am going to cancel my order and go get another Android device.
    I'm not sure where you found the above information, but it is incorrect. I suggest you visit an Apple store and bring a list of all your questions and concerns. Do it before next Friday. If there is no Apple store near you or you don't want to bother to find accurate info, then you should stick with Android. There are many excellent devices.
    10-08-2011 01:08 PM
    Here's a post from another thread. I also ordered within the first hour. I'm going to assume Verizon will change my order status next week. It's too late to do anything else at this point.
    I posted that earlier, but I just checked and now my date is back to the 14th. So everyone may want to check again.
    10-08-2011 01:43 PM
    back to the 14th as well
    10-08-2011 01:49 PM
    I just checked mine about an hour ago and it still says 10/14. I ordered around 8:30am online on 10/7.
    10-08-2011 05:37 PM
    this is crazy. with this in mind foxcon is putting in overtime
    10-08-2011 06:47 PM
    U guys should go to the store and pre-order your iPhone. Today I went to a corporate store and pre-ordered my iPhone 4s and he guaranteed that I will have on release day

Posted from a soon to be Iphone 4s
    10-08-2011 07:14 PM
    Ok here's my update with verizon guys, it looks like my hour long phone call payed off!!my delivery date is now back to the 14th from the 21st originally, so I'm a happy camper
    10-08-2011 07:39 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD