Warning for those who ordered through verizon website

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks to this thread, I just checked and mine has changed to the 21st as well. Now, I was excited about getting this phone and after I ordered yesterday I started reading about it and tinkering with my iPod touch that has been laying dormant in a drawer for ages. I am coming from a Droid 2 and wanted to get a different keyboard, like I use the Thumbs keyboard on my Droid, for the iPhone cause i have big hands and can not type so well on the iPod. There is no such thing for the iPhone, just texting apps that have keyboards that are different.

Then I read that you can not text in landscape with the iPhone, there is no way I can type on that tiny screen in portrait mode.

Then I was surfing on my iPod and I went to NASCAR,COM and got the mobile site, same with Facebook. I wanted to go to the full desktop site, so I Googled "how to set the phone to go to the full site" and found out you have to get a different browser or jailbreak the iPhone.

I mostly use the smart phone to text and to surf. Rarely, do I make or receive actual phone calls.

So I know I am venting, but I think I am going to cancel my order and go get another Android device.

keithjk

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a completely different problem when ordering from Verizon's website. When I entered a different shipping address than my billing address, when it processed, it took the street address from the shipping one I entered, and then the town and zip code of the billing one entered. So, my phone was set to ship to a completely random location!

Cancelled my order, placed it again, and it did it again. So I waited until 8AM for the eCommerce customer service department to open and they said they couldn't fix it and that I had to cancel my order AGAIN. And, once again, as I did it the third time, it attempted to merge the two addresses as it had before! This time I just let it go to my billing address (though, a huge inconvenience).

Regardless, my deliver date is still estimated as 10/14. And this current order technically wasn't placed until 8:30AM EST. Though, I am a VIP customer. Had my phone number for over 17 years, since before it was Big Red....

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks to this thread, I just checked and mine has changed to the 21st as well. Now, I was excited about getting this phone and after I ordered yesterday I started reading about it and tinkering with my iPod touch that has been laying dormant in a drawer for ages. I am coming from a Droid 2 and wanted to get a different keyboard, like I use the Thumbs keyboard on my Droid, for the iPhone cause i have big hands and can not type so well on the iPod. There is no such thing for the iPhone, just texting apps that have keyboards that are different.

Then I read that you can not text in landscape with the iPhone, there is no way I can type on that tiny screen in portrait mode.

Then I was surfing on my iPod and I went to NASCAR,COM and got the mobile site, same with Facebook. I wanted to go to the full desktop site, so I Googled "how to set the phone to go to the full site" and found out you have to get a different browser or jailbreak the iPhone.

I mostly use the smart phone to text and to surf. Rarely, do I make or receive actual phone calls.

So I know I am venting, but I think I am going to cancel my order and go get another Android device.
I understand but dont give up. I ordered my Verizon phone directly from apple. So you wait another week. Maybe there are bugs that are noticed and get fixed before you receive the phone.

Regarding typing, what attracted me to the iPhone this time is Siri to type emails and text. I currently have the blackberry bold. As an alternative, i understand you can use the Dragon app. I use the full app dragon naturally speaking for dictating all sorts of legal docs for my law practice and it works great.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So sorry you guys! This happened to me on Sprint when I ordered my Blackberry Tour on release day, I ordered at midnight they even had their telesales department stay open for this specific phone and then they delayed my order even though numerous people who ordered well after I did still had thiers 2-3 days later, I was so furious so I understand your pain. I hope it all gets straightened out and if you are delayed I hope vzw will give you something for the upset.

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
same thing just happened to me

I called verizon and apple but they say they can't do anything.

Woke up at 3am for nothing... I can't even cancel and get it on the 14th because of work.

I am pissed...:mad::mad::mad:

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's a post from another thread. I also ordered within the first hour. I'm going to assume Verizon will change my order status next week. It's too late to do anything else at this point.
After reading some forums late last night I decided to call this morning. I was told that the 16GB models allotment was sold out and I would see mine until the 21st. After some more discussion she asked what time I preordered, I told her 6am EST. She then told me that they received an email that any orders before 6PM EST would be fulfilled on the 14th. Not sure how true, but I'll wait and see.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure where you found the above information, but it is incorrect. I suggest you visit an Apple store and bring a list of all your questions and concerns. Do it before next Friday. If there is no Apple store near you or you don't want to bother to find accurate info, then you should stick with Android. There are many excellent devices.

ktaylor17815

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's a post from another thread. I also ordered within the first hour. I'm going to assume Verizon will change my order status next week. It's too late to do anything else at this point.

I posted that earlier, but I just checked and now my date is back to the 14th. So everyone may want to check again.

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
U guys should go to the store and pre-order your iPhone. Today I went to a corporate store and pre-ordered my iPhone 4s and he guaranteed that I will have on release day

Posted from a soon to be Iphone 4s

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok here's my update with verizon guys, it looks like my hour long phone call payed off!!my delivery date is now back to the 14th from the 21st originally, so I'm a happy camper

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711