backup from I4 question please..

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
newbie question..

so if I backup my iphone 4 running ios4 to itunes. then buy the 4s, can i just re-sync all my apps, contacts, notes etc from this backup onto the new 4s? or will the fact that the new phone will be differnent ios will cause problems? not sure how all this works..

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
newbie question..

so if I backup my iphone 4 running ios4 to itunes. then buy the 4s, can i just re-sync all my apps, contacts, notes etc from this backup onto the new 4s? or will the fact that the new phone will be differnent ios will cause problems? not sure how all this works..

Yes, all of that should work, only problem would be some Apps won't work due to them not being updated to support iOS 5, but they probably will soon after iOS 5 releases. Hope this helps!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
cool. thanks. And I'm going to be selling my I4 so after I back up, I just do a system restore to get it back to factory setting??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
cool. thanks. And I'm going to be selling my I4 so after I back up, I just do a system restore to get it back to factory setting??

Go to SETTINGS / GENERAL / RESET.

There are options there to Reset all Settings, Erase all Content and Settings, and a few other items you can reset/clear.