Odds of servers crashing?

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am imagining the folks at AT&T waking up and coming into work with all these backlogs of work and being like "Oh, the pre-orders started TODAY??? Ooops, we really need a better system to remind us of this..." :confused:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright
Tried to stay up and be helpful as much as i could.

Key notes for anyone just waking up
1. Wait for the page to fully load before continuing. Page resets if still loading and trying to continue on
2. At&t & Sprint users are still having trouble. You may have to try a lot to get your order placed.
3. The app works just as well, you just have to fight the error messages.
4. At&t new customers & Any verizon customer seem to be getting through really easily
5. At&t will not fill out everything at the moment. Apple isn't getting anything from At&t so they are holding a phone for us and letting us fill out everything later.
6. Wait for your email. Users have said upwards of 45 minutes before getting their email. You might have to wait a bit. Don't be in a rush and accidentally create 2 or more.
8. There is no 7
9. Goodluck to all
10. Goodnight, or good morning. Doesn't really matter to me at this point.
EDIT: 11. don't spam the refresh button

Last edited:

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Didn't like the whole "reservation number" from Apple so I went through ATT site. Very fast and easy. Delivers on the 14th also etc.

tham

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Unlike Apple, Sprint is allowing pre-orders for new customers, and site is working now! Just got a 16Gb black for me and a white for my wife. No more AT&T for us.

manolopzo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you received a confirmation number, look up for the deadline (should be tomorrow at 5PM). I logged in 3 hours later (like 5 minutes ago), and was able to purchase the phone with no problems (delivery scheduled for the 14th). If you still have the unlimited data, it will appear as an option. I received the order acknowledgment within 5 minutes.

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just completed my pre-order at 4am on the Sprint website. Everything was stable and had no problems. Now I hope they don't screw up the shipping. Keeping my finger crossed!

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I went to bed for a few more hours, but my e-mail to complete my order came in at 5:45AM it turns out. I just got up around 8:30 and went though and completed the order for my new white 64GB iPhone 4S, to arrive on 10/14. I kept my Unlimited Data and splurged for the 2 years of AppleCare too...

After a nightmare of a start, the end process was fast and painless.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright
Tried to stay up and be helpful as much as i could.

Key notes for anyone just waking up
1. Wait for the page to fully load before continuing. Page resets if still loading and trying to continue on
2. At&t & Sprint users are still having trouble. You may have to try a lot to get your order placed.
3. The app works just as well, you just have to fight the error messages.
4. At&t new customers & Any verizon customer seem to be getting through really easily
5. At&t will not fill out everything at the moment. Apple isn't getting anything from At&t so they are holding a phone for us and letting us fill out everything later.
6. Wait for your email. Users have said upwards of 45 minutes before getting their email. You might have to wait a bit. Don't be in a rush and accidentally create 2 or more.
8. There is no 7
9. Goodluck to all
10. Goodnight, or good morning. Doesn't really matter to me at this point.
EDIT: 11. don't spam the refresh button

Why can't they spam the refresh? It's what I do when I'm waiting for something impatiently.

D0minoid

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
my order went through on sprint without any issues. when i tried on apple the service would not work with my pin and phone number.

Last edited:

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I completed my order yesterday at 8:30 am, after I got my reservation number from Apple. I'd like to thank all those who posted in this post, as I kept up with this thread throughout the process. As of now, they say my phone is preparing to ship.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
If the odds of the site crashing is more than 50/50 then I am booking a flight to Vegas asap!

"Never tell me the odds," - Han Solo

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77