iOS Beta 6 Bug Report Thread!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a strange situation yesterday which caused me to restore the phone back to iOS 5 b6 with a backup from several days earlier.

I noticed the pesky usage = standby issue again yesterday. In the past, doing a hard reset fixed it... but this time I decided to explore a bit. So I shut the phone off and waited about 30 minutes. I powered the phone back on, and made a call and sent a couple of texts, then set my phone down on my desk. After about an hour I picked it up to check Twitter and discovered that it had shut off again. Next, I powered it back on and attempted to use the phone - and ALL apps except the native Apple/iOS apps (text, mail, phones, maps, etc) flashed open and then crashed back to the home screen. Nothing that I did would cause the phone to respond correctly, including doing a hard reset.

I hooked it up to my MacBook and tried to sync - it went through the motions, but nothing actually synched... so I chose to restore to iOS 5 b6 and then restored from back up that was 2 days old. GRRRR.

A day later, no issues are evident...

MaxdMerc

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
does anybody have problems with syncing stuff to your phone from itunes like photos and books?

I have issues when syncing with WiFi.
Certain things don't sync.

Also I have some ringtones that it says won't work with this device :/

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a strange situation yesterday which caused me to restore the phone back to iOS 5 b6 with a backup from several days earlier.

I noticed the pesky usage = standby issue again yesterday. In the past, doing a hard reset fixed it... but this time I decided to explore a bit. So I shut the phone off and waited about 30 minutes. I powered the phone back on, and made a call and sent a couple of texts, then set my phone down on my desk. After about an hour I picked it up to check Twitter and discovered that it had shut off again. Next, I powered it back on and attempted to use the phone - and ALL apps except the native Apple/iOS apps (text, mail, phones, maps, etc) flashed open and then crashed back to the home screen. Nothing that I did would cause the phone to respond correctly, including doing a hard reset.

I hooked it up to my MacBook and tried to sync - it went through the motions, but nothing actually synched... so I chose to restore to iOS 5 b6 and then restored from back up that was 2 days old. GRRRR.

A day later, no issues are evident...

Very weird. Something was going haywire with your phone.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does any one have the problem where they compose a text and use the camera button in Messages, take a photo, hit Use and then when it goes back the message thread is scrolled up and you can't see the message you were composing unless you go back to all conversations and then go back to original conversation?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Very weird. Something was going haywire with your phone.

Yeah, I doubt it was related at all the the beta 6 release... just mentioned it to see if anyone had seen/heard of anything similar... chalking it up to the phase of the moon or some other nonsense.

snoslicer8

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
You mean a brand new refurb! ;)

Apple can't refurb any phones, it's illegal under California law (which Apple must abide by) to refurbish anything that touches your face. The only thing that can be reused is the logic board - everything else: housing, screen, battery, digitizer, etc. is brand new and assembled in the USA.

Reactions: BLiNK

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

After triggering the home button on the assistive touch, I can't seem to pull down the notification center on beta 6. Anyone has this issue?

thanks....

Same. Turning assistive off brings the notification blind back. But use it and it stops again.

Globe101

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The battery life for this is absolutely bananas,
Usage : 8 hours 16 minutes
Standby: 9 hours 33 minutes

Using a lot of YouTube and ebuddy. Very satisfied

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
my battery was much better on beta 5. Its not bad on beta 6 but I can't stretch it out as long as I did on beta 5

B2theRich33

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Im having issues with iTunes beta 6 for so than the actual iOS... it opens randomly without me clicking on it and will stop playing songs whenever it feels like it....

Also, the only beta 6 issue im having is wi-fi sync and it is checked when i plug it in via usb cable

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My battery is horrible compared to beta 5. I can't get through 12 hrs of minimal use like I was able too.

Yeah I agree. I ave to watch more on how much I use it or I won't make it through the day. Beta 5 battery was solid.