Backups Now Manual?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So today I synced my iPhone, then I installed iTunes 10.5 beta 2, then I restored to iOS 5 Beta 2. The problem is, when I was selecting a backup to restore from, there wasn't one from today, in fact there hasn't been one since the 9th of June, apparently.

How are backups handled now with iOS 5? Does this mean I now have to manually backup? Or should iCloud handle everything (including my messages and settings) once the iPhone starts up?

EDIT:
So, actually I ended up having to re-enable all of the sync options when I logged into iCloud on my iPhone, and it didn't actually restore FROM the iCloud backup, only giving me an option to backup to it again. That makes very little sense to me. Does this mean when I restored I should have just logged into iCloud on my iPhone rather than restoring from backup on my computer first?

Off to try again.. -_-

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Does this mean when I restored I should have just logged into iCloud on my iPhone rather than restoring from backup on my computer first?

Off to try again.. -_-

Correct. The only thing that will not get put back are photos that are stored on your computer and music not purchased via iTunes. Everything else will come back via a iCloud restore.

Reactions: Jellotime91

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Correct. The only thing that will not get put back are photos that are stored on your computer and music not purchased via iTunes. Everything else will come back via a iCloud restore.

Just so you know, iCloud for iTunes is currently for US residents only, so for Canadians (and any other country), iCloud will not restore iTunes music.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77