losing cellular signal

buzzshipman

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a jailbroken iphone 4 with ios 5.1.1. I broken the screen this spring and got a replacement. I installed the new screen myself. I was having trouble getting a signal after that until I realized the speaker and antenna assembly wasn't installed correctly. I fixed that and it worked great for a few months. Recently I have been losing signal everyday. The only remedy to fix the problem I have discovered is to take the back off the phone. Then I take the screw out that holds the battery and disconnect the battery and remove it. I then just put the battery back in and put the back back on the phone and I get a signal for about a day and then it just goes away again and I have to repeat the process to get a signal back. I have no idea why this is happening or why what I do fixes it. Anybody have any ideas and if you need more info just ask.

Thanks,
Kevin

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Best recommendation, is to tear down the phone and rebuild it again and see if there's something missing or that you may have missed a step or forget to connect anything. Look for a video on YouTube to cross-reference.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Check the antenna next to the battery connecter I had a 4 once the circle connector on the board bent a little and it caused issues .. I bent it back out so the antenna made a full connection and I made sure it snapped in place ..

Also make sure up near the camera the grounding points are in place because it could be grounding out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711