Need help with water damaged phone

JArmour15

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My infant son spill a cup of water on my wife's iphone 4. We used a bag of rice and then silica gel packs in a sandwich bag for about 3 - 4 days. The phone now shows the apple logo and then it will turn off and show the apple logo again like its on a loop.

I put the phone in DFU mode and when i try to restore it through iTunes it gives me the 2001 error.

I did some searching and it said to upgrade itunes and then try it again. I've been doing this all morning and shutting down the computer and restarting numerous times. Now it seems that I can't get the phone into DFU. The phone is not jailbroken but I do have tiny umbrella for my own jailbroken phone. Tiny Umbrella doesn't recognize the phone at all.

Any suggestions or should I sell it on ebay and find her a new one?

Thanks

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I would say its time to get a new one. :(

Sounds like you've tried just about everything you could. *pours a drink for the fallen*

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does comp see it in iTunes ? Try turn phone off hold home then plug in cable and iTunes should say its in recovery and asks you to restore it

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

savage1987

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
mine is the exact same problem, but i dropped mine in the sink.. i took it to a repair shop and they managed to get it on the apple logo loop, i took it home and done a restore and now it does the apple loop then the slide to unlock but when i slide it, it freezes for 10 seconds-ish then back to the apple logo :(.. need help please

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Can you get iTunes to recognize the phone? If so, try to restore as new and see if that helps. If not, sounds like yet didn't get it completely dry before closing it back up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2