iPhone 4 Loose Sleep/Wake Button

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone notice that their iPhone 4's sleep/wake button is very loose and rattles when shaken from SIDE TO SIDE? From what I've read on other forums, around 40% of iPhone 4's have this, although I don't know how accurate that is since a lot of people were confused and said it rattled when it was tapped (All iPhones rattle when tapped), while I was actually talking about shaking it SIDE TO SIDE.
If your iPhone has a loose sleep/wake button is it causing any issues?

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't say my iP4 has this issue but I did have an iPod touch with the issue before. It didn't cause me any trouble though!

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Can't say my iP4 has this issue but I did have an iPod touch with the issue before. It didn't cause me any trouble though!
Good to know! This is my 4th iPhone replacement! I exchanged iPhones because it had a loose sleep/wake button, but the replacements started rattling too and gradually got worse.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I dont have a rattling lock button on my 4S but my volume buttons are loose. My 4 did have a rattling lock button

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I just checked mine. Not loose here. Then again I don't press any of the buttons often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have OCD with my phones too I know where your coming from lol this 4s is my 1st iPhone but My sleep button is pretty sturdy I feel the power button is a tiny tiny bit loose but I have a thin case on mine do i try not to let it bother me

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
These are well documented. The sleep button has to have some play in it so it doesn't activate when you pocket your phone and move with it in your pocket.

The rattle you hear is the image stabilizer inside the camera.

No defect, part of the design.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Any of you have a flushed sleep/wake button..meaning it doesnt pop out as much as your friends or next iphone next to you..
I think it's normal for iPhones to be a little different than another. From what I've read, half of the iPhone 4's rattle when shaken while the other half doesn't.
If your sleep/wake button is actually sunken in, meaning it doesn't click or really move when pressed, then it could be an actual issue.

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
These are well documented. The sleep button has to have some play in it so it doesn't activate when you pocket your phone and move with it in your pocket.

The rattle you hear is the image stabilizer inside the camera.

No defect, part of the design.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Actually, the camera rattles when you tap the back. I saying the sleep/wake button is actually what is rattling when shaken from side-to-side. I thought it was the camera at first, but when I hold the sleep/wake button down and shake it, it doesn't rattle, but I've come to the conclusion that this is normal.

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it's normal for iPhones to be a little different than another. From what I've read, half of the iPhone 4's rattle when shaken while the other half doesn't.
If your sleep/wake button is actually sunken in, meaning it doesn't click or really move when pressed, then it could be an actual issue.

My iPhone 4's sleep/wake button broke a few months ago, as in it sunk in and it doesn't click at all when you press it. I sent it to a company to fix it, and they half did, the button still doesn't click but it's much easier to lock/unlock the screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riad1973