Anyone know if u can grab one of the tones that is in the boxcar application an set it as a text msg tone?
    08-09-2011 01:43 PM
    Not at this point in time... unless you jailbreak... iOS 5 will also have custom text tones...
    08-09-2011 02:42 PM
    Not at this point in time... unless you jailbreak... iOS 5 will also have custom text tones...
    I am jailbroken!!! Any possible way to?
    08-09-2011 02:53 PM
    I am jailbroken!!! Any possible way to?
    I'm not JB, so I can't say. Try posting in that section... lots of knowledgeable folks over there who can probably help you out.
    08-09-2011 02:56 PM
    I believe you can change the text tone. There is an option under Settings>Sounds to change your text tone. I was gonna look for a new tone set. It's hard being a room full of friends all with iPhones and hearing the same text tone. Everyone will pull out their phone and look at them.
    08-15-2011 10:48 AM
    Actually after further research I guess you have to chose between their options in the text tone library. It would be a nice feature to have in iOS5. At least now I can change it off the default. I use Little App Factory's Ringtone application for making them from my iTunes library. It's pretty nice and imports them directly into iTunes under the "ringtone" section.
    08-15-2011 10:52 AM
    If you're jailbroken, you have several options. One...You can just wait on IOS5 to get what you want for free. Two...You can download ToneFx from Cydia, and get what you want now(it's not free, but i think that there is a trial offer). I'm sure that there are other text/ring tone makers out there, but ToneFx is the one that i use. It's just a matter of how soon do you want special text/ring tones.
    08-15-2011 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD