From Droid 2 to iPhone 4! Need help though~

JoeD_NYC

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am happy to have made the switch from Droid 2 to iPhone. I love it but I am having some questions that I need help answering. Thanks!

1) When I hit the sleep/wake button, the noise comes 1-2 seconds after I actually click it... Should I be concerned?

2) I think my battery life sucks?!?! On the Droid, I would wake up (around 9-10) and take it off the charger and it would last until around 10 at night. However, with my iPhone, it is already at 40% and I have 2 hours, 26 minutes of usage and 9 hours, 20 minutes of Standby. I don't feel like this is enough. Is this average? I am just asking because Droid seemed to have more.

3) When I hit the home button, it makes a loud clicking noise and not a subtle noise that my friend's white iPhone makes.

4) The white iPhone is slightly thicker. Can anyone recommend the perfect Verizon iPhone White case?

THANKS SO MUCH! I AM CRAZY SO I NOTICE ALL THE TINY DETAILS OF IT THAT MOST PEOPLE WON'T :D

#TeamiPhone

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been unplugged for almost 12 hours and I'm at 67%, and that's after a day of some moderate usage. Usually, like when I'm at work and busy..I will have around 80% after the same 12 hours. Today, I've been on it quite a bit...you've either got a dud, or something else isn't right. Most of the time, I can easily see myself going 3 full days on one charge.

Dperks17

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is pretty good I have about 3 hours 21 mins of use and about 22 hours of standby and my battery is at 46%

Tom-Tom

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The battery deal could be a number of things. The ones that come to my mind:

Coverage-if you're in a spotty coverage area, the battery's gonna be draining trying to find signal

Brightness setting-If it's at max, that'll kill the battery

Data usage-If your place of work and house have wifi, that's a lot easier on the battery than 3G.

It's a dud-and if so, and you're within the return time, I'm sure the kind folks at the store you bought it from can replace it for you. And if it turns out not to be a dud, they could have tips of their own.

Hope I've helped :D

ProEvo

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am happy to have made the switch from Droid 2 to iPhone. I love it but I am having some questions that I need help answering. Thanks!

1) When I hit the sleep/wake button, the noise comes 1-2 seconds after I actually click it... Should I be concerned?

2) I think my battery life sucks?!?! On the Droid, I would wake up (around 9-10) and take it off the charger and it would last until around 10 at night. However, with my iPhone, it is already at 40% and I have 2 hours, 26 minutes of usage and 9 hours, 20 minutes of Standby. I don't feel like this is enough. Is this average? I am just asking because Droid seemed to have more.

3) When I hit the home button, it makes a loud clicking noise and not a subtle noise that my friend's white iPhone makes.

4) The white iPhone is slightly thicker. Can anyone recommend the perfect Verizon iPhone White case?

THANKS SO MUCH! I AM CRAZY SO I NOTICE ALL THE TINY DETAILS OF IT THAT MOST PEOPLE WON'T :D

#TeamiPhone

1. Just like Droid you have to watch how many tasks you have running. Often a reset of the phone fixes much of that. If you jailbreak, be careful of memory hogs like SBSettings and Winterboard. Although it may not seem like it, the IPhone does have limitations. I choose to disable voice control and spotlight along with a few other tweaks to keep things nice and smooth.

2. Your battery life does suck compared to Droid. Turn off wifi when not using it and follow best practices for phone charging. One tip is do not over charge it. I used to plug it in at night and leave it until morning. Now I charge it to 100 before I go to bed and pull it off the charger. There are posts all over the net on how to get best battery performance. If you get less than 6 hours I would head to Apple.

3. The Home Button should make a small noise when you press it but it shouldn't be ridiculous. IF so, make an appointment at Apple.

4. My wife has the white Verizon IPhone. She is currently using Case-Mate products and they are working fine.

Have fun with your phone. As a former Droid user, I know you will have fun.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on my iPhone 4 is definitely better than the android devices that I've used in the past. This is even with my iPhone being jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

ProEvo

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on my iPhone 4 is definitely better than the android devices that I've used in the past. This is even with my iPhone being jailbroken.

My HTC Hero rooted with battery tweaks applied would last twice as long as my Iphone 4 does now.

I blame Canada...:p

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

#TeamiPhone

As an android convert myself, I feel I can share some insight on this. Or at the very least, I can try!

1. No, that "CLICK" noise you hear usually comes a second late depending on what I am setting it to sleep from. No concern.

2. Honestly? Probably a dud. I run with WIFI on 24/7, my brightness at Max, and I can still get a clean 24 hrs out of it easily. That is around 8-10 hours of actual USE. And I spend a fair amount of my day in crappy signal area's

3. My home button doesn't make a loud noise. Barely makes one at all if at all.

4. The white iPhone being thicker than the black one is an old debate. Some claim it is, some don't. I haven't had any case issues with either. But I switch between a clear backed griffin case with a black band around it (not sure of the name). And a Seidio (SP?) holster.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Hero rooted with battery tweaks applied would last twice as long as my Iphone 4 does now.

I blame Canada...:p

Yeah, but the difference is, an Android has to be rooted to get better battery life, and one doesn't have to mod their iPhone 4 in order to get good battery life.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77